Football Manager 2014

Dan

You're welcome good sir!

Classic mode also allows you to play the challenges which I have done in the past, these can be quite fun, I was hoping they would do something similar in the full game too, as I would quite like to do the golden geenration one with full data.

Which leads me to my next question which has more to do with the diary-side of the game, how would someone actually write it up? All the details of the match, etc.

Whoops >_<

Stoker writes really good FM diaries but I was too lazy to PM him, so I was jokingly suggesting that a report would achieve the same thing without me having to go find him to PM. But looking at it a second time, it is totally ambiguous what the text of that post actually means. My bad, man.

Whoops >_<

Stoker writes really good FM diaries but I was too lazy to PM him, so I was jokingly suggesting that a report would achieve the same thing without me having to go find him to PM. But looking at it a second time, it is totally ambiguous what the text of that post actually means. My bad, man.

Ahem

I just knock the mentality and fluidity down a notch or two.

My home tactic is attacking/very fluid and my away is control/balanced.

It also depends on the quality of opposition I'm facing, I'll play away at home against the bigger sides for example.

Not really, rigidity is to do with how many players you have in your tactic doing a specific job, defensive midfielder isn't a specific job, half back is etc and Real Madrid, arguably the best club side on the planet at the moment play on the counter attack.

I really do love the MLS, there's nothing like it in the world. There are so many rules and regulations to follow that it's almost impossible to not have a large squad turnover every season. It's easier to follow the foreigners rule with a Canadian team though, they have quite a distinct advantage because both US and Canadian players count as domestic and players get Canadian citizenship through residency much faster than their American counterparts.

Still though fuck the CONCACAF Champions League. The knockouts take place right at the beginning of pre-season of the MLS so my first game in months is the quarter finals. I scrape through to the final with a completely unfit and unfamiliar squad and get spanked by Morelia over 2 legs. It's going to be stupidly hard to win it with a MLS team. It didn't help that I had my new expensive signing Romario Leiria sat doing nothing until July because he can't play for more than 2 clubs within the Brazilian season.

Come July 1st though I should be rolling. I'll have Romario eligible as well as Michael Arroyo coming in on a free as my last DP

I found it possible to win the CONCACAF Champions League about three times in a row with Vancouver on FM12 without much issue! I amn't sure how. I had a squad that was pretty naturally fit and defensively strong. Also very quick attacking players. Mexican sides really failed at playing in Canada too.

Just starting myself a journeyman game and wanting to load up a fair few leagues.

My computer performance is 5* (which I've learned from previous FMs to take with a pinch of salt). With all the leagues added in, the Game Speed is down to 1*. I know that the speed of computer makes a difference but does anyone who has done this before know how much slower a 1* game is compared to a 4/5*? Is it ridiculously slower, and does it become so after a few seasons?

Edited by Whisper in the Wind