Football Manager 2014

Dan

Whoops >_<

Stoker writes really good FM diaries but I was too lazy to PM him, so I was jokingly suggesting that a report would achieve the same thing without me having to go find him to PM. But looking at it a second time, it is totally ambiguous what the text of that post actually means. My bad, man.

I never really notice the flag when posts get reported...even when I'm browsing on the full skin rather than the mobile skin I am now (as I've been away from home this week)...so that would have been a bad idea. :shifty:

Writing up matches will depend on a person's own tolerance, but for me I've settled into a fairly decent formula which involves playing the game with the standard match viewing settings (is that Key or Extended highlights? I forget), and just pausing when things happen to type up a sentence or two into an open copy of Wordpad.

Not everything that happens, God no... Often bits of match that don't result in a clear effort on goal will get ignored entirely, or if I'm subjected to half a dozen very similar "corner kick, ball headed wide" incidents, several will be left out to avoid annoying repetition.

I would advise doing these notes (whether in full or shorthand) as you play, mind. Nothing more tedious than playing a match through normally then having to go and rewatch the highlights just for the write-up.

Ugh, LA Galaxy's strikers are now Adebayor and Keane. Their going to piss the league, with them two. Still though, Adebayor almost on more than my entire squad combined so I can take solace in my financial sense!

Basically, I loaded Bohemians up with money to see what would happen. After nearly ten years the club is apparently richer than Barcelona somehow.

Final day of the 2020/21 season, and Crystal Palace beat Arsenal 3-2 at the Emirates to complete an amazing year and sneak in to the Gunners' 4th place spot for Champions League football next season.

Not being one to share the limelight, my Man City side promptly beat doomed Sheffield United 11-0 in a Premier League record. Meant nothing, I still finished 3rd. My dream of 4 titles in a row is in tatters. Ah well, on to the CL final against Monaco!

Deleted all the people from the database, playing a truly random game is so much more fun.

Some problems being not enough staff in the game and the best player in the world having a 107 player rating according to cm scout.

Still managed to pick up a load of Argentines for United. To a man they failed work permits so I've sent them off to Antwerp and they're playing a 2-1-3-4

• Like 1

Started a file as AJ Auxerre because I wanted to go to a team with really great youth facilities. And they do. I have a load of decent young players and I was walking the league...until it all went tits up and I can't win a game away to save my life. Dropped out of the promotion places with three games to go and we now have to do another season in Ligue 2. Honestly think it's a good thing, cos my young players aren't ready for Ligue 1 yet. Somehow managed to make the final of the French Cup and lost 1-0 to a dodgy penalty.