Football Manager 2014

Dan

So I (perhaps foolishly) sold Kyle Walker, signed a promising young kid to replace him...the club promptly asked for him back on loan. I thought "why not?! I can just sign another great kid!"

...Turns out I can't just sign another great kid and now Kyle Naughton is having to do A LOT of heavy lifting late in the season in a dogfight of a Champions League race.

Qualified out of a group with Manchester United, AC Milan and Steau Bucharest with Ajax, before knocking out Man City in the next round. Good stuff.

Ajax are a pretty fun team to go. Spent two and a half seasons at them building players up and selling the likes of De Jong, Fischer, Andersen for huge amounts and bringing in new players to develop....Then I ruined it by joining Tottenham in January :(

So after the 2 and a 1/2 seasons at Ajax and winning the Dutch Treble in two seasons and the Dutch Super Cup in the 3rd season and having built the team into a more competitive European side I joined Tottenham...who have kind of declined significantly due to big name players leaving/set to leave whilst I was there but I managed to win the League Cup and get them into the Europa League and finish above Arsenal.

Couldn't see myself staying there long so left for Portugal to manage them in the Euros. Managed to beat England, draw with Serbia and lost to Croatia in the group stage. Beat Romania in the knockout round before getting the quarters and getting beat to Ukraine. Applied for the Bayern job but they turned me down for Simeone, applied for the Atletico Madrid job but got turned down for Seedorf....So managed to land the Napoli job yay!!!

Got some good players in the team, Higuain and Hamsik are still there and Konoplyanka as well as Cuadrado are in the team. I'm only expected to challenge for Europe but having signed Juan Mata for 21mil cause Man Utd went to shit under Solskjaer I feel I can do better.

Heading into my fourth season in my United game and just noticed my owner is named "George Stone". Looking at club history I haven't missed any takeovers. Did SI patch out Malcolm Glazer after his death or something?

Also noticed that Bayern have no manager, and haven't had one since Guardiola resigned in 2014...

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I think that everyone automatically retires at a certain age in FM (85 I think), so Glazer would hit that mark within four seasons. An American called David Flores is the owner in my save and there is nothing in the landmarks about a takeover and the other Glazers are still on the board.

If you don't have the German (or any foreign) league set as playable, teams won't replace managers.

Things go well at Leicester! Banging in the goals despite being second best in a lot of games. January now and Lee Nicholls joins from Wigan to provide competition to Super Kasper Schmeichel. Makes 10 signings for the season although a few of those are loan moves/ones for the future.

Sold off Nugent, Taylor-Fletcher, St Ledger, Dyer and some others to bring in around 15 million. Most of that went on Ledesma, Kazenga Lua-Lua, Adam Matthews and Jesse Lingard. Managed to somehow nab Gabriel Barbosa as well. Trying to bring in Salah on loan from Chelsea after fist Knockaert and then Barbosa went down to injuries.

Still, top, 7 points clear and scored 4 or more 7 times in 28 games.

I think that everyone automatically retires at a certain age in FM (85 I think), so Glazer would hit that mark within four seasons. An American called David Flores is the owner in my save and there is nothing in the landmarks about a takeover and the other Glazers are still on the board.

If you don't have the German (or any foreign) league set as playable, teams won't replace managers.

Really? That's bizarre... and also a bit shit. I play with just England playable and the other top leagues on view only, because I have no intention of leaving United but like to keep my eye on who wins what around Europe.

Took over Brighton in January and got them from lower half of the table to fourth in the Championship. Lost in the semi finals of the play offs to Leicester 3-2 on agg.

Going to clear out a few people on free transfers and see if I can build a team to get promoted next season.

To anyone who has played classic mode - is there any difference in the match engine? I was bored and decided to try and create a tactic, so I started a Southampton game on classic just to blast through quickly. I'm 2nd in the league after 8 games, unbeaten and the tactic seems to be working a treat.

I assume it will work just as well in career mode but though I'd ask before I launch into a new save.