Football Manager 2014

Dan

I've just trialed this for two games. I played "short passing" and "high tempo."

Lucas Evangelina has great stats but has never performed until I did this. He scored a hat-trick against Fenerbache in a 5-2 home win and we just drew 2-2 with Southampton away, pulling it back from 2-0 down. Norwich away next...

• Like 1

I'm back on FM 2012 continuing my Toronto FC game, in the 2nd season. Just heading into the post season having comfortably won the East. Last game of the season meant nothing and I was winning 2-0 so I threw my 18 year old sub keeper on in centre midfield.

He then proceeds to score an absolute screamer from 30 yards out, brilliant. :lol:

• Like 2

Tried just selecting "Be More Disciplined" and "Stick To Position" on the shouts? I find I only need specific player instructions for a play who's in a key role (specific man marking or striker, usually).

No joke, literally every single position in my formation has individual instructions set via the tactics screen.

I have instructions tailored to individual players.

And players have instructions dependent on where they're playing, for example Corchia has cut inside as a left back but not as a right back.

My AML has instructions set to it, and whoever plays there does those things. I haven't reached a transfer window where I have money yet, but when I go looking for a player he has to suit what I want the role to do.

Also, I find CM/A to be far more effective attacking midfielders than anyone playing in the AMC spot.

Also, I find CM/A to be far more effective attacking midfielders than anyone playing in the AMC spot.

Christian Eriksen, World Golden Boy and in the World Team of the Year pelvic thrusts in your general direction!

I moved the AM back to a CM attacking player and it plays alot better, with Ward-Prowse getting 4 goals in his last 5 games, who generally rotates with Will Hughes in the CM Attack position. It probably helps that I have an Anchorman and a Box 2 Box to help out though.

My Liverpool game is going well, almost got an entirely English team and Rickie Lambert is the best English Targetman in the game!

I really do love the MLS, there's nothing like it in the world. There are so many rules and regulations to follow that it's almost impossible to not have a large squad turnover every season. It's easier to follow the foreigners rule with a Canadian team though, they have quite a distinct advantage because both US and Canadian players count as domestic and players get Canadian citizenship through residency much faster than their American counterparts.

Still though fuck the CONCACAF Champions League. The knockouts take place right at the beginning of pre-season of the MLS so my first game in months is the quarter finals. I scrape through to the final with a completely unfit and unfamiliar squad and get spanked by Morelia over 2 legs. It's going to be stupidly hard to win it with a MLS team. It didn't help that I had my new expensive signing Romario Leiria sat doing nothing until July because he can't play for more than 2 clubs within the Brazilian season.

Come July 1st though I should be rolling. I'll have Romario eligible as well as Michael Arroyo coming in on a free as my last DP

Level of depth and detail, you can only have so many leagues runnning in classic, but tactics, training, transfers, basically everything is more simple, it would be a good jumping in point for someone unfamiliar with the series as the level of detail and what needs to be done in the main game, I would imagine, could be quite daunting.

Level of depth and detail, you can only have so many leagues runnning in classic, but tactics, training, transfers, basically everything is more simple, it would be a good jumping in point for someone unfamiliar with the series as the level of detail and what needs to be done in the main game, I would imagine, could be quite daunting.

Thank you.

You're welcome good sir!

Classic mode also allows you to play the challenges which I have done in the past, these can be quite fun, I was hoping they would do something similar in the full game too, as I would quite like to do the golden geenration one with full data.