Football Manager 2014

Dan

Anybody else had this problem, or is it just a one off?

Started an Everton career, everything's going well, half way through October, Leighton Baines decides he'd like a move to a bigger club and wants to leave. We have a conversation, and he agrees that if I can't qualify for the Champions League, I'll allow him to leave. Great, problem solved. Immediately after that conversation, I get another message with him handing in a transfer request because I haven't fulfilled my promise.

You gave me all of 30 seconds, Leighton!

• Like 2

Anybody else had this problem, or is it just a one off?

Started an Everton career, everything's going well, half way through October, Leighton Baines decides he'd like a move to a bigger club and wants to leave. We have a conversation, and he agrees that if I can't qualify for the Champions League, I'll allow him to leave. Great, problem solved. Immediately after that conversation, I get another message with him handing in a transfer request because I haven't fulfilled my promise.

You gave me all of 30 seconds, Leighton!

Sounds like Baines is a twat, just get rid and bring someone new in.

• Like 2

Plan to now, already signed Alberto Moreno as my future prospect left back, looks like he'll be getting a lot more game time.

Belter of a replacement.. I put in a offer for Balanta at the moment in my Everton game.

• Like 1

Indeed, CSKA offered me 5.5m for Oviedo within a day of starting, so I shipped him out and reinvested.

So far my transfer history has been:

Bryan Oviedo -> CSKA (5.5m)

Darren Gibson -> West Brom (6m)

Alberto Moreno <- Sevilla (10m)

Aaron Hunt <- Werder Bremen (8.5m)

Signed Hunt as a CAM option so I could have some rotation with Barkley, who I'm still bringing in gradually at the moment.

Planning on getting a new striker since Lukaku will be gone at the end of the season, heard good things about Michy Batshuayi, and he's got a release clause of 6.75m or something in that ball park. Need a new CB too, since Distin is getting old and I'm planning on shipping out Alcaraz in January. doesn't get any game time and I'm gonna start introducing John Stones once his short term loan is done.

Always thought playing one of those would be fun.

Search the Steam Workshop for World League 1.3 by Mitch

How on earth are we in it?

Sorted by reputation.

How do you download things from the Workshop?

Subscribe to them in the workshop.

Open FM. On the start screen, the bottom option is 'Downloads', click that, click 'Workshop' and whatever you subscribed to will be listed, click install and it downloads straight into the correct folders.

The original World League was shit, but this guy took the data and cleaned it all up.

Runs fine for me.

Well, Spurs are top after 7 games...

• Like 1

Indeed, CSKA offered me 5.5m for Oviedo within a day of starting, so I shipped him out and reinvested.

So far my transfer history has been:

Bryan Oviedo -> CSKA (5.5m)

Darren Gibson -> West Brom (6m)

Alberto Moreno <- Sevilla (10m)

Aaron Hunt <- Werder Bremen (8.5m)

Signed Hunt as a CAM option so I could have some rotation with Barkley, who I'm still bringing in gradually at the moment.

Planning on getting a new striker since Lukaku will be gone at the end of the season, heard good things about Michy Batshuayi, and he's got a release clause of 6.75m or something in that ball park. Need a new CB too, since Distin is getting old and I'm planning on shipping out Alcaraz in January. doesn't get any game time and I'm gonna start introducing John Stones once his short term loan is done.

I was thinking when starting to get Lukaku in permanently then saw his price.. FUCK THAT.

Yeah, the price to buy is extortionate, hence why I looked at Batshuayi, the two are similar in style and he's got potential to grow, acting as a back up to someone else in the mean time.

Arouna Kone's just handed in a transfer request to due to lack of game time, I think Batshuayi may be joining sooner rather than later. Have a potential striker crisis on my hands at the moment.

Undefeated at the start of November, just thrashed Spurs 4-1. Might look into signing Deulofeu permanently later if he's within budget.

Yeah, the price to buy is extortionate, hence why I looked at Batshuayi, the two are similar in style and he's got potential to grow, acting as a back up to someone else in the mean time.

Arouna Kone's just handed in a transfer request to due to lack of game time, I think Batshuayi may be joining sooner rather than later. Have a potential striker crisis on my hands at the moment.

Undefeated at the start of November, just thrashed Spurs 4-1. Might look into signing Deulofeu permanently later if he's within budget.

Thinking of getting rid of Lacina Traore, starts the game injured and no interested in him at all.

First thing I did was send him back, I'm not paying eight weeks of a loanee's wages when I can't use him.

Most likely what I'll do, signed Dejan Stankovic as my DOF and the first person he's trying to sign is some bloke called Sejad Salihovic.. Curious as to what part he'll play in my team if I get him.

He's the Bosnian CM at Hoffenheim, right? Need to look at CM options, with Gibson out it's gonna be thin once Barry's loan finishes. His wages are huge so I need someone cheaper really.

I know Diame has a cheap release clause, may look at him as an option.

Edited by JeriCodeBreaker

I only kept Barry because I knew I was getting rid of Gibson. If I got rid of him too, I'd only have Osman and McCarthy, along with the possibility of dropping Barkley deeper.

Kone's off to Rubin Kazan for 3m anyway. Hoping the board are generous with the funds in January!

My Newcastle squad has Adam Campbell, who is the 'new Michael Owen'.

In the U21's, I also have Adam Armstrong, who is the 'new Michael Owen'.

And Dale Hurst, who is the 'new Michael Owen'.

In the U18's, I have Richie Waugh, who is the 'new Michael Owen'.

And now in my latest youth candidates, I have Dale Bell, who is the 'new Michael Owen'.

And Colin Busby, who is the 'new Michael Owen'.

:shifty:

New youth intake

2 new Michael Owen's and 2 new Wayne Rooney's.

I don't mind that I'm getting 3-4 potentially world class regens per season, but I do mind that they are all strikers.