Football Manager 2014

Dan

Yeah I left Welbeck on in the hope that he would get 6, especially after getting 5 before half time.

Think the only double hat trick I've ever had was Ronaldo on like FM05 or something. Back when playing a narrow 4132 and having Ronaldo right of the 3, and Van der Vaart left meant winning everything.

Man those were the days... I remember retraining Alan Smith to play right of the 3 midfielders, and him getting World Player of the Year.

Back on FM12, Welbeck had one insane year in one save I played where he scored 80 goals in 46 games.

Every game I've played since he's been absolute wank.

On my previous United save on this version (which I ruined by selling everyone off and trying to win the league with an U21 squad), he won me the league in my second season after RVP got injured for like 7 months. Think Welbeck ended up with 32 goals in the league alone. Complete Forward seems to suit him on this version for some reason.

Fucking Carrick.

But fuck Villa in general though. They always do well against me.

Pretty much his first touch too.

Edit - woops, didn't mean to double post.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I think I got a double hat-trick in the old, old days before achievments. I was Crewe and somehow whooped some non-leaguers in the cup 11-0.

To that end, I assume you can't just play a friendly against some Estonian pub team and get it? It has to be competitive?

I think I got a double hat-trick in the old, old days before achievments. I was Crewe and somehow whooped some non-leaguers in the cup 11-0.

To that end, I assume you can't just play a friendly against some Estonian pub team and get it? It has to be competitive?

Yeah, specifies that it has to be competitive.

That wasn't a match engine issue, just bad tactics on their part.

This is correct, if you look closely you can see that Darren Peacock has been selected to play in central defence, a horriffic tactical mistake.

Didn't have a bad session today, all things considered.

Drew 2-2 at The Emirates, and then scored late to draw with Olympiakos in my first CL group game, away from home. Milan and Wolfsburg also drew, so a decent result.

Then, I was 2-0 down at Goodison because of two Kone headers from corners, but managed to get a 2-2 draw from that.

Then I thumped Huddersfield 5-0, with the help of a Rooney hat-trick, and finally defeated by FM Vita bogey team, Aston Villa, 2-1. Means I've started the season with 4 wins and 2 draws (both at difficult places), and sit level on points with City at the top. Last seasons champions, Chelsea, are only a couple of points behind.

Decided I simply cannot wait: had to download a transfer update and start playing as Chelsea (with Costa, Fabregas, etc.).

Sigh.

Edit: ...But doing so has only served to remind me how NEMANJA MATIC IS ONLY RATED AS 0.5 STARS IN CENTRAL MIDFIELD, WHAT THE HELL :angry: