Football Manager 2014

Dan

Haha, I've taken Ganso on a four week trial. Not sure why he's a free agent, looks good enough to play for a decent side, but seems to have been released by Sociedad after just two seasons. Not sure what options I have really with trialists, if any, other than just let him play reserves and get some match reports.

Quite happy with the way my Villa side has shaped up. I'm a lot more confident in finishing around the top ten and avoiding relegation.

INS

Samuele Longo, a £2.2m striker from Inter.

Bakary Kone, £5m defender from Lyon.

John Stones from Everton for £5m.

Costel Pantilimon for free, may rotate with Guzan.

Mario Pasalic, a loan signing from Chelsea. An attacking midfielder that the board decided to bring in.

Took a punt on Jordon Ibe for free.

Stevan Jovetic on loan.

Boaz Myhill as a third 'keeper and cheap 'keeper for the reserves to avoid strikers being played in goal.

OUTS

Stefan Strandberg, sold to CSKA Moscow for £6.5m. He was brought in for £450,000. That's some great profit.

Charles N'Zogbia released.

Di Gennaro sold to Norwich for £900,000. Former Villa 'keeper, Jed Steer went to Norwich from Celtic. Norwich also signed Sterling from Liverpool for around £27m.

Magnus Wolff Eikrem went to Shakhtar for £8.75m.

Leandro Bacuna to Leicester, £3.2m.

Darren Bent to Derby, for cheap.

Karim El Ahmadi to VVV for cheap, too.

Starting XI: Guzan, Constant, Vlaar, Kone, Stones, Westwood, Hughes, Grealish, Saponara, Albrighton, Longo.

Will Hughes got called up to the Euros, happy about that. Despite Eikrem and Strandberg leaving, I still have quite a few Scandinavians. The youth set-up has also produced the next Michael Owen and the next Les Ferdinand. Fullback Darren Rayson has improved and Arsenal came in for a young midfielder. None of the youth players stand out like Celestine Udoh. Hopefully he won't turn out like Celestine Babayaro.

Man, I went unbeaten all last season in the league, and so far I'm unbeaten this season in February. CHALLENGE ME, ITALY.

Got Barcelona in the First Knockout Round of the Champions League though to that'll probably end up humbling me. I never seem to get the easier ties in the next round after winning the group. Shambles.

^ I got humbled in my latest CL outings when I drew Real Madrid in the quarterfinals and they thumped me 3-0 in Spain. :(

There was this brief moment of THE COMEBACK IS ON when I went 1-0 up in the second leg...but actually it ended 2-2 on the night. Boo.