Football Manager 2014

Dan

Man I get SO many bookings on this game, it pisses me off, most of my substitutions are just to make sure somebody doesn't get a second yellow. My fullbacks seem to be the worst for it. This season Jonathan Silva has gotten 17 yellows and 2 reds. We have 85 yellows overall in Serie A and 5 reds. SICKENING. Don't even understand why, not telling anybody to be super aggressive or dive in to tackles or anything, on the contrary actually, they're instructed to stay on their feet.

Does my head in on this game the way teams pay loads for a player and then just never play him, or play him as the odd sub.

Also, weirdly, Monaco don't seem to be playing James Rodriguez. He's made 3 starts and 24 sub appearances, down from 7 starts and 19 sub appearances last season. In other news, Liverpool finished 17th, oh dear.

The ones I never understand is for example on my save, Real Madrid bought someone for £7m, he never played a game, not even a cup game for them in five years and then they sold him to Bayern Munich for £24m.

I dunno, I'm only in 2020 and me and Chelsea are light years ahead of everyone else and Chelsea are only still there because of players like Courtois, Ramires, Azpi, Hazard, Oscar and Lukaku.

The ones I never understand is for example on my save, Real Madrid bought someone for £7m, he never played a game, not even a cup game for them in five years and then they sold him to Bayern Munich for £24m.

That basically happened to me, I signed Alex Grimaldo for £6.25m, but because I had Silva he barely got a game, and it was made harder since I had another young left back come through who kind of jump ahead as second choice. Sold Grimaldo to Bayern for £24m and he's made 8 starts and came on as a sub 5 times.

Chelsea are dominating on this save as well, won the league six years in a row, although they did oddly sell Courtois to Monaco for £10m a few years ago.