2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

The Bills don't suck anymore. They have a good defence, and just need the offence to grow and develop. In the AFC East, they are probably still 3rd unless the Pats or Dolphins struggle, but I think they are much better now then 2-3 years ago. I really like the new coach.

• Like 1

I'd love to see the figure Clipboard Jesus has earned to hold his eponymous working tool!

Could you imagine if Kaepernick goes down, the Niners sign Tebow and wind up with a Tebow/Gabbert QB controversy?!

As long as it's not happening in Jax I would be delighted to see this.

The Bills don't suck anymore. They have a good defence, and just need the offence to grow and develop. In the AFC East, they are probably still 3rd unless the Pats or Dolphins struggle, but I think they are much better now then 2-3 years ago. I really like the new coach.

For sure. Their problems are more related to being in a small market with a cheapskate old boy's club running the show behind the scenes.

Usually we get depth guys for starter money (Chris Williams this year) or good starters for all the money (Mario Williams).

Edit: They might have gone 8-8 last year if not for fucking near everyone being injured in the secondary early in the season. Justin Rogers shouldn't be a starter in the CFL, much less in the NFL.

Edited by munky

Pettigrew stays in Detroit at 4 years, 16 million. Eh, it's good to have the TE position settled but I'm still not his biggest fan. On the plus side, he can block and is a decent receiver when not dropping passes (which he did cut down on a lot last year). He is a favorite target of Stafford so it makes sense, hopefully he can return to his 2011 production.

Between the lowball offer to Tuck and no offer at all to Nicks, it's pretty clear Jerry Reese had concerns about the health of both guys and was ready to just move on. I've heard the Giants are interested in getting DRC. That would be an absolute dream scenario as they badly need a CB. Unfortunately even with the increased salary cap I think they're already really low on cap space.

Not crazy about the Peppers deal at his age, but after reading only the first year is guaranteed money(8.5 mil.) I'm okay with it. If nothing else, the novelty of him sacking Cutler will be fun.

DRC turned down a 6-year $56 million deal to stay in Denver so I say good luck in giving him what he thinks he deserves...

I am under the assumption that the deal offered to him contained less guaranteed money than he was wanting. The total number might have been gaudy but in the NFL it's really all about the guarantees. I think the deal he winds up signing will be for far less than 6/56, but a bigger signing bonus ensuring he won't lose 90% of his contract from getting released after the first year.

Ben Tate is finally a Cleveland Brown!

Pretty happy about it, only a 2 year deal so he gets a chance to prove himself and he should be a good fit in the new zone blocking scheme. No pressure to take a RB on the first 2 days of the draft for the Browns now.