2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

I'm not sure how I feel about Dallas picking him up. On one hand, he wasn't that great a player when he was in the NFL before. But on the other hand, he played for a crap team to begin with: the Raiders. They really didn't give up a whole lot to get him, so as long as he doesn't have a huge salary and long contract, its not big deal.

Too bad the Cowboys can't cut Jerry Jones, though..... :shifty:

He's so talented too. The guy could've been a top 3 receiver this season. Manziel gets a lot of unnecessary flack for partying and silly shit, but if there's any distraction on the Browns roster it's Gordon.

I'm not sure how I feel about Dallas picking him up. On one hand, he wasn't that great a player when he was in the NFL before. But on the other hand, he played for a crap team to begin with: the Raiders. They really didn't give up a whole lot to get him, so as long as he doesn't have a huge salary and long contract, its not big deal.

Too bad the Cowboys can't cut Jerry Jones, though..... :shifty:

McClain is a fucking headcase, you can't blame that shit on Oakland. Some dudes just can't give up their old life.

Josh Gordon's NFL career is over. Huge waste of talent but for some guys getting high and driving drunk is more important than millions of dollars.

I'm not so sure about that. As long as Gordon has something to offer in terms of talent there will always be a team willing to put up with his shit.look no further than people like Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens for proof. It isn't the first and certainly isn't the last time that there will be a locker room cancer with tremendous talent that any team would be happy to have and deal with.

Josh Gordon's NFL career is over. Huge waste of talent but for some guys getting high and driving drunk is more important than millions of dollars.

I'm not so sure about that. As long as Gordon has something to offer in terms of talent there will always be a team willing to put up with his shit.look no further than people like Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens for proof. It isn't the first and certainly isn't the last time that there will be a locker room cancer with tremendous talent that any team would be happy to have and deal with.

He has never gone a full year in his football career without failing a drug test. He's not going to be allowed in the NFL again, IMO.

Do you know how nearly impossible it is to get banned for life in the NFL? Leonard Little killed someone while driving drunk, and got arrested for driving drunk again.

Gordon is a fucking moron, especially because the NFL seemed to be trying to avoid suspending him for a year for his latest failed drug test. I'm sure that's out the window now.

Gordon and Justin Blackmon are talented enough to stick on weak rosters (Browns and Jags) no matter what.

The Jags drafted 2 of the best WRs in the draft this year to try get away from Blackmon. Not sure why the Browns didn't pick anyone up.

Gordon was already facing a 1 year suspension for failed drug tests. His appeal was later this month I think. Certainly not going to help his case

An update on the Josh Gordon deal.

Following his Saturday morning DWI arrest, suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon was bailed out of jail by Haydn "Fats" Thomas, a convicted felon.

Thomas, 39, has four aliases and an "extensive criminal background," including five known arrests in five different North Carolina counties. "Many of his charges are drug and gun related," although Thomas has somehow never served prison time. Thomas' last reported arrest came in December 2012, when he was charged with three felony marijuana violations and possession of a firearm.