The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I don't even think it's football finding its morals, I genuinely think that rightly or wrongly Lee Hughes might not have found his way back into football if social media was what it is now at the time.

Indeed, just because fans weren't able to register their disdain at a club's decision at a national (and wider) level previously doesn't mean that the disdain wasn't there. You can't ignore social media these days, it has made everything incredibly insular. Its why players in the NFL and in football are getting much harsher treatment from governing bodies this year than in years past, there is nowhere to run and nowhere to brush things under the carpet now.

BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources - Cardiff City Football Club to change colour of home kit back from red to blue. Cardiff WILL be making the change in time for tomorrow's game against Fulham FC Official

• Like 1

I don't know every detail about the case

That's always a good start.

But it's strange to me how McDonald got a not guilty verdict, while Evans was guilty. She was somehow able to consent to McDonald but not Ched Evans.

And her supposedly being too drunk to walk upon arrival to that hotel was also bollocks. She's walking perfectly in 6 inch heels, and even crouches down to pick up a pizza box and casually walk back through the main doors. Not to mention that originally, the only evidence of intercourse at all was through the admission of the two men involved.

Because the girl went to the hotel with McDonald, whereas Evans walked into the room where she was when McDonald wasn't in the room. Consenting to one person doesn't automatically mean you consent to everybody who thinks they can join in. The evidence points to the girl being too drunk to fight off Evans, but she doesn't fight off McDonald because he's the one who she consented to in the first place.

Edited by peteypirahna

Were you in the court room then? I doubt anybody knows the ins and outs of the proceedings.

Having read the transcripts myself however I can tell you for a fact the woman in question has been known to either falsely accuse or honey trap men. Four weeks prior to Evans, she unsuccessfully tried to report/claim a rugby player had sexually assaulted her.

Evans could have done it. No doubt about that but I find it perplexing that even after he has been tried, found guilty, did his sentence or part of it and wanting to enter back into the profession he loves, that he is persuing legal matters and appealing against something that 99% of all convicted people I imagine would want to forget in a heartbeat and not drag up again

I don't know every detail about the case

That's always a good start.

But it's strange to me how McDonald got a not guilty verdict, while Evans was guilty. She was somehow able to consent to McDonald but not Ched Evans.

And her supposedly being too drunk to walk upon arrival to that hotel was also bollocks. She's walking perfectly in 6 inch heels, and even crouches down to pick up a pizza box and casually walk back through the main doors. Not to mention that originally, the only evidence of intercourse at all was through the admission of the two men involved.

Because the girl went to the hotel with McDonald, whereas Evans walked into the room where she was when McDonald wasn't in the room. Consenting to one person doesn't automatically mean you consent to everybody who thinks they can join in. The evidence points to the girl being too drunk to fight off Evans, but she doesn't fight off McDonald because he's the one who she consented to in the first place.

Do you understand what statutory rape is?

Why the fuck is Steve Bruce of all people getting involved? Just seriously, focus on your club you friggin' idiot.

Seems pretty likely that the media will have been throwing out a question about it in every random manager's press conference just to see if any of them will bite. They tend to have a 'story of the week' that they push in that way.

Were you in the court room then? I doubt anybody knows the ins and outs of the proceedings.

Having read the transcripts myself however I can tell you for a fact the woman in question has been known to either falsely accuse or honey trap men. Four weeks prior to Evans, she unsuccessfully tried to report/claim a rugby player had sexually assaulted her.

Evans could have done it. No doubt about that but I find it perplexing that even after he has been tried, found guilty, did his sentence or part of it and wanting to enter back into the profession he loves, that he is persuing legal matters and appealing against something that 99% of all convicted people I imagine would want to forget in a heartbeat and not drag up again

We don't have to know the ins and outs.

The jury found him guilty.

He is a rapist.