2014 NFL Season

Dan

The Eagles, such scumbags! What a shitty place to live, work and play! The threw snowballs at - ......oh

10727746_558495734251605_2044623636_n.jp

The Eagles signed a 15 year old leukemia patient to a one-day contract, and he'll be sitting behind the bench on SNF. Very cool gesture by the team, and something that would be great to hear more of rather than what stupid thing Adrian Peterson did today.

Also, because it's Eagles/Giants week, take it away, Jason Kelce:

Kelce, who is reportedly on the fasttrack back from his abdominal injury, called into the WIP Morning Show this morning and was asked about Jason Pierre-Paul’s questionable calculations. Of JPP’s comment that the Eagles at 4-1 could easily be 0-4, Kelce said:

“Well my response to that is, I don’t think Jason Pierre-Paul is smart enough to come up with that statement on his own. I think he’s the type of guy that just reiterates what his coaches have been telling him. So, I’m a little worried about Tom Coughlin’s math ’cause I feel like maybe that’s where it was screwed up. Maybe it was just relayed to him.”

Just to make sure they heard it right, Cataldi and his cohorts continued:

So you are not impressed by the intellect of the New York Giants?

“That is correct,” Kelce answered. “They are a good football team though, but yes.”

It takes a special kind of smack talk to say that your opponents are good football players but they’re dumb and their coach is dumb, and I really like how this is playing out.

(Copied from a local sports blog, Crossing Broad, covering Kelce on WIP this morning)

Edited by PatDaMan

Yeah, no one dislikes the Eagles as an organization (outside of, you know, the rest of the NFC East). They're well run and all that jazz.

Their fans are sub-Raiders level shitheads. At least Raiders fans have the excuse of gang affiliation, the Eagles are just drunk assholes.

Niners' fans are trying to creep up there, though. Not even Raiders fans beat the shit out of their own.

This post is not totally serious, I don't need the headache of that argument.

I would never, EVER go to a Giants/Eagles game in Philadelphia. It's understood that you might be insulted by the home fans for supporting the other team at a sporting event, but at an Eagles game you'll get a lot more than insults thrown at you. And since you're outnumbered, there's not a damn thing you can do about it. I'm certainly not paying money to sit in neutral colors and not make a peep during the game.

Not saying it's a good idea to go to the Linc dressed in Giants gear, but it's not the Vet and not the 700 Level anymore. You'll see fights every now and then, but it's no different than going to most stadiums. I've seen people in the Linc rooting for opposing teams that deserve to get their clocks cleaned get out unscathed.

The big bad Eagles fan, go to Philly and get beat up thing is just a legend at this point. It may have been that way before, but not these days. There will be fights just like there is in any stadium. At least we're not stabbing people every other week like they are in San Fran.

Edited by PatDaMan

BEAR DOWN!

AKA 'The Chicago Bears' 2014 Season' or 'How I Learned to Stop Expecting Wins & Start Ignoring the Injury Report'.

Seriously. I thought the Falcons were bad in the injury department. You've damn near doubled us. I half expect to see "Alshon Jeffery - O - Slight Twinge In Left Pinky" or "Jay Cutler - IR - Those Hiccups That Won't Go Away Even After You've Held Your Breath".

As far as bad fans go, the Bengals' fans were high on that list a few years ago. Not so much now, from what I understand.

But the moment that turned me into an Eagles hater was when Michael Irvin suffered the injury that led to the end of the career. The fans were still cheering even after it was clear he was injured. I cannot support a team when their fans are such world class shitheads, and Michael Vick being on their roster makes it even easier to hate the team.

I hate the Redskins because they're the Redskins. I hate the Eagles because of their fans.

Not saying it's a good idea to go to the Linc dressed in Giants gear, but it's not the Vet and not the 700 Level anymore. You'll see fights every now and then, but it's no different than going to most stadiums. I've seen people in the Linc rooting for opposing teams that deserve to get their clocks cleaned get out unscathed.

The big bad Eagles fan, go to Philly and get beat up thing is just a legend at this point. It may have been that way before, but not these days. There will be fights just like there is in any stadium. At least we're not stabbing people every other week like they are in San Fran.

I cant bold right now but the fact that you've casually used the argument about someone deserving to have their 'clock cleaned' as if that's somehow an acceptable manner of behaviour but not getting it done so as a reason why Eagles fans aren't awful speaks volumes. Someone doesn't deserve to be attacked because they support a different team no matter how obnoxious they might be.

• Like 4