2014 NFL Season

Dan

Not saying it's a good idea to go to the Linc dressed in Giants gear, but it's not the Vet and not the 700 Level anymore. You'll see fights every now and then, but it's no different than going to most stadiums. I've seen people in the Linc rooting for opposing teams that deserve to get their clocks cleaned get out unscathed.

The big bad Eagles fan, go to Philly and get beat up thing is just a legend at this point. It may have been that way before, but not these days. There will be fights just like there is in any stadium. At least we're not stabbing people every other week like they are in San Fran.

I cant bold right now but the fact that you've casually used the argument about someone deserving to have their 'clock cleaned' as if that's somehow an acceptable manner of behaviour but not getting it done so as a reason why Eagles fans aren't awful speaks volumes. Someone doesn't deserve to be attacked because they support a different team no matter how obnoxious they might be.

Dude was pointing his finger in people's faces. That's someone that deserves to be punched.

Not saying it's a good idea to go to the Linc dressed in Giants gear, but it's not the Vet and not the 700 Level anymore. You'll see fights every now and then, but it's no different than going to most stadiums. I've seen people in the Linc rooting for opposing teams that deserve to get their clocks cleaned get out unscathed.

The big bad Eagles fan, go to Philly and get beat up thing is just a legend at this point. It may have been that way before, but not these days. There will be fights just like there is in any stadium. At least we're not stabbing people every other week like they are in San Fran.

I cant bold right now but the fact that you've casually used the argument about someone deserving to have their 'clock cleaned' as if that's somehow an acceptable manner of behaviour but not getting it done so as a reason why Eagles fans aren't awful speaks volumes. Someone doesn't deserve to be attacked because they support a different team no matter how obnoxious they might be.

Dude was pointing his finger in people's faces. That's someone that deserves to be punched.

I'm sure the jury would see it the same way.

There was just a call on police radio for a woman at the Linc who stole a man's prosthetic leg. Only description is she's in Eagles gear.

— Morgan Zalot (@morganzalot)

October 13, 2014

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

She was an undercover agent for the Lions in their search for a kicker. This week, they're going to try and build one!

Alternate joke:

Was a raccoon seen in the vicinity?

• Like 1

The way I figure it, Eagles fans are building up such bad karma that if they ever get a player talented enough to be an all-time great (I'm talking a Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice level player) that's in their prime, they're either going to spontaneously combust or be struck by lightning during a game.

• Like 1

There was just a call on police radio for a woman at the Linc who stole a man's prosthetic leg. Only description is she's in Eagles gear.
— Morgan Zalot (@morganzalot)
October 13, 2014

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

She was an undercover agent for the Lions in their search for a kicker. This week, they're going to try and build one!

Alternate joke:

Was a raccoon seen in the vicinity?

There was an entirely-too-soon Victor Cruz joke to be made (and it was made by many people) as well.

My favorite Giants beat writer has been re-tweeting Eagles fans who are celebrating Cruz' injury. Good. Let the world know who those assholes are.

Conner Davis @DOLCEBOI103 44m44 minutes ago

Sproles needs to be injured and out for the year #hopefully #nomoreTDstealing 1f44f.png1f44f.png1f44f.png1f44f.png1f44f.png1f44f.png1f44f.png1f606.png

@James_Becker2: Fuckin hope Sproles is hurt since he carried 4 outta 5 wins on his back

Thats just two because Twitter keeps force refreshing on me and forcing me back to the top. Don't talk shit on Eagles fans when, during a rivalry game like this, it happens equally on both sides

• Like 1

Are those from Giants fans? The one guy sounds like a Shady McCoy fantasy owner and other one is non-specific.

It's kind of a silly discussion anyway on both sides.

How was that talking shit on Eagles fans? I know we just had a big discussion on Philly fans as a whole but in this case I was specifically calling out the assholes openly celebrating an injury (and a major one at that) on a public forum. The Giants fans doing it to Sproles are no better. I'm just glad somebody who actually has followers actually exposed some of the idiots to the public.

yea sorry....I'm a lil drunk and get defensive. To be totally honest, my first thought when Cruz went down was "Good, he'll be out for a series or two". Then when it came back from break and was obvious he'd be out for the game and possible the season, I thought "Well shit...he's a good football player...always sucks to see that happen"

The way I figure it, Eagles fans are building up such bad karma that if they ever get a player talented enough to be an all-time great (I'm talking a Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice level player) that's in their prime, they're either going to spontaneously combust or be struck by lightning during a game.

They had one.

He left for the Packers.

I mean another one.

They did. He left for the Cowboys.

As much as I love TO, it never would've worked after the sit-ups in the driveway fiasco. I'd say Dawkins going to Denver is a better example.

But what a win last night. The Eagles are a very good team, and can win with all three phases. My biggest concern going forward is Foles' sudden case of happy feet when the pocket starts to collapse. Foles is still a good QB, but the bulk of his missed throws and picks this year are because he's developed a bad habit of throwing off the back foot.

The pass rush looked awesome, and special teams has been a godsend this year. It's gone from an afterthought under Andy to a strength and an actual weapon under Chip. Chris Maragos may have been under the radar our most important signing this offseason. Dude's great at his job.

McCoy finally looked like McCoy again. I'm excited to see what happens when they come out of the bye, and even more excited for how great the Eagles will look once Kelce and Mathis come back.