2014 NFL Season

Dan

It worries me that with the Cowboys doing well means that the American networks will be tripping over themselves to make their games a priority and they'll be televised every week in the UK. I've got no problem with the team but I just like seeing a variety of teams rather than just the same one every week. The NFC East seems to get a massive amount of coverage as it is.

They are gonna be on UK TV a lot. Barring being flexed, they are on TV for the following games/weeks:

Week 7

Sunday 2125: vs. Giants (Sky Sports)

Week 8

Tuesday 0030: vs. Redskins (Eurosport)

Week 9

Sunday 1800: vs. Cardinals. It is not ridiculous to think that this is the best game in that time slot (others are currently: Buccs/Browns, Eagles/Texans, Jets/Chiefs, Jags/Bengals, Chargers/Dolphins, Redskins/Vikings. On current form, I can only see Chargers/Phins being the alternative.)

Week 10

Sunday 1800: @ Jaguars (Channel 4 & Sky Sports). Wembley Game.

Week 11

Bye.

Week 12

Monday 0130: @ Giants (Channel 4)

Week 13

Thursday 2130: vs. Eagles (Sky Sports). Thanksgiving.

Week 14

Friday 0125: @ Bears (Sky Sports)

Week 15

Monday 0130: @ Eagles (Channel 4)

Week 16

Sunday 2125: vs. Colts. Given that Bills/Raiders is the only the other 2125 game, this could be a good option (Giants/Rams is at 2105 too). I don't see why this would get flexed away from this timeslot, unless there is a bigger game currently at 1800 and they switch 'em.

Week 17

Cowboys finish @ Redskins. Whilst it doesn't look fantastic this year on paper, Sky do love NFC East deciders.

So, yeah, the UK will be seeing a lot of the Cowboys this year.

Ah, has he been replaced full time? I was going to say there was a Bears guy on the show recently but thought he was just filling in.

I believe Gayle has been on all but the Wembley show game.

Week 16, Chargers @ 49ers is still kickoff time TBD as far as I'm aware. I imagine both teams will be playing for a play off spot at that point.

Chargers/49ers and Eagles/Redskins are down to play on the Saturday rather than the Sunday ;)

I'm not complaining - it's more NFL on my TV :). I'm guessing the times being TBC is that one will air at 2125/30(ish) and the other in the prime time slot afterwards on the Saturday evening?

So... did the Jets play well, or was it more the Pats weren't quite as clinical as the previous two weeks ?

• Admin
The Seattle Seahawks have agreed to trade wide receiver Percy Harvin to the New York Jets, a source confirmed to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The Seahawks will receive a conditional draft pick, according to Fox Sports, which first reported news of the deal.
  • Like 1

Good deal for the Jets! Interesting that the Hawks have given him up so cheaply though.