2014 NFL Season

Dan

Gotta love the focus on player safety.

Exactly.

Long history of trying to blatantly injure other players on national television? Meh, we'll fine you a couple Gs just like every other time. That'll show you good.

Smoke a blunt? YOU ARE DETRIMENTAL TO THE LEAGUE. 12 GAMES.

Suh is a fucking dickhole. Unfortunately, it's going to take him seriously injuring someone for the NFL to finally get off their asses.

Like I've said elsewhere, Suh's suspension should have been at least 2 to 3 games (meaning he's out next season's opener if Dallas beats Detroit). And now they're turned into a slap on the wrist. With his track record, this is unacceptable and unbelievable. I could see it being reduced to a fine for a first time offender, but that asshole has history.

Oddly, out of all the NFC teams, I wanted the Cowboys either the most or second most (along with the current injury hit Cards). Yeah, they've done a lot better this year, but they are also clearly beatable (particularly in their own yard). We lost to an under-strength Panthers earlier this year, and the Pack and the Hawks would likely steamroller us.

I still think we're one and done, but this is probably our best shot.

Funny, I thought the same thing about the Lions.

Stafford's road record against winning teams leaves something to be desired, but Megatron will probably shred us.

Also, both the Lions and the Cowboys had, all said and done, two of the weakest schedules in the league; Lions at 29th in strength with opponent winning percentage of .471, while Dallas was 32nd, at .445.

• Like 1

Doug Marrone opted out of his deal, and looks like he could be a favorite for the Jets job, so he's essentially told Buffalo to go fuck themselves.

Poor, poor Bills.

I read that he asked Bills ownership for an extension and they declined, so he said fuck it and opted out. Supposedly his opt-out clause also guarantees that the Bills will pay him in full next year even if he lands another head coaching job elsewhere, so he'll be getting paid by two teams.

Back to sub-.500 land for them next year.

As a Bills fan, I'd be thrilled if Marrone took over the Jets, especially if Nate Hackett goes with him.

He's right up there with Dick Jauron as a conservative, stubborn chickenshit coach. His success pretty much came from an outstanding defense and two great DCs in Pettine and Schwartz. His was supposed to be an OL 'guru' and that unit regressed to an embarrassing degree, which is sad since they weren't worth much when he got there.

So no, I won't miss him.

As a Bills fan, I'd be thrilled if Marrone took over the Jets, especially if Nate Hackett goes with him.

He's right up there with Dick Jauron as a conservative, stubborn chickenshit coach. His success pretty much came from an outstanding defense and two great DCs in Pettine and Schwartz. His was supposed to be an OL 'guru' and that unit regressed to an embarrassing degree, which is sad since they weren't worth much when he got there.

So no, I won't miss him.

I'm bookmarking this for when you all go 4-12 next year. :P