2014 NFL Season

Dan

You won't see Ryan Lindley back there next year anyway. Palmer being healthy is one of the great what if's of the year. Their defense will be back next year but Fitzgerald might not be on the offensive side. They just remind me of a half decade of Ravens teams where we just kept going "if only we can get solid QB play".

Then we drafted some guy with a Monobrow from an FCS school...

And hired some Special Teams coach whose brother was an NFL QB back in the day.

I'm hopeful Palmer will recover for at least one more good year. Fitz is one of a kind but his role is not as important as it used to be. Floyd is the main man now and there are some other good receivers there too. Keeping the defense together and healthy will be crucial as well as having that all-important QB.

Biggest loss of the off-season? It'd be Todd Bowles, not Fitz or Palmer.

You won't see Ryan Lindley back there next year anyway. Palmer being healthy is one of the great what if's of the year. Their defense will be back next year but Fitzgerald might not be on the offensive side. They just remind me of a half decade of Ravens teams where we just kept going "if only we can get solid QB play".

Then we drafted some guy with a Monobrow from an FCS school...

And hired some Special Teams coach whose brother was an NFL QB back in the day.

Then got really lucky in the Superbowl >_>

Saw that on twitter and was floored. Man was an inspiration and brought a different dimension everytime he stepped on the set. As cool as the other side of the pillow will forever be my favorite. RIP Stu.

I turned on ESPN this morning to the video montage they played for him, and instantly became sad. Dude was an absolute legend, and still my favorite sports caster. I especially loved it when he and Rich Eisen would anchor Sportscenter.

RIP Stuart. Booya.

• Like 1

If you haven't seen Rich Eisen breaking the news on NFLN earlier, it's worth seeking out, and shows the effect Scott had on those around him. Really was an inspiration how he fought cancer and made the most out of his time. Even when he was sick, he was still going to work and doing his thing on SC, and keeping in good spirits and fighting. RIP Stuart Scott.

On another note: This game is starting to get away from Cincy, after some early Colt mistakes kept them in it. Not having Green or either TE is hurting them.

Also good to see this ref crew isn't calling every little bit of contact down the field, there have been a few bombs downfield where guys got tangled up, where you'd see PI called with some other ref crews

If you haven't seen Rich Eisen breaking the news on NFLN earlier, it's worth seeking out, and shows the effect Scott had on those around him. Really was an inspiration how he fought cancer and made the most out of his time. Even when he was sick, he was still going to work and doing his thing on SC, and keeping in good spirits and fighting. RIP Stuart Scott.

Yea I saw the Eisen thing earlier. Caused me to choke up a bit myself

• Like 1

No, not at all. This was a surprisingly good, quite successful season from a team most (including me) expected to win 7 games, tops.