2014 NFL Season

Dan

Jameis Winston has declared for the draft and been given a first round grade by the NFL advisory board.

I'm really hoping Winston and Mariota go 1 and 2. That leaves the Jags with the pick of defensive players or maybe even Amari Cooper.

Perry Fewell out as defensive coordinator for the Giants.

After Coughlin's last press conference I was sure he was staying but I'm glad to see him go. He's helped us win our last Superbowl but that's coming off the heels of Spags and the past couple of years our defense has been TOO soft. I'm not sure who we would bring in but we need to create more turnovers and go back to rushing the passer like how we did back in JPP's rookie year.

No clue. Coughlin seemingly backed him in his press conference by pointing out all the (very few) positives that our defense had this year and said that he was the same coach that coached the defensive back when they won the last Superbowl. All signs pointed that he has going to be retained until now.

The DBs coach also got the boot, but with all the injuries we had I don't blame him for our poor DB play. If anything we need a whole new training staff. <_<

So the NFL's internal investigation has uncovered no evidence they saw the infamous Ray Rice video and any claims to the contrary are bogus. However they could have done more and in the future will because Roger Goodell cares about each and every one of us.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12138032/nfl-did-not-previously-see-ray-rice-elevator-video-according-mueller-report

We all owe Roger Goodell an apology guys.

So the NFL's internal investigation has uncovered no evidence they saw the infamous Ray Rice video and any claims to the contrary are bogus. However they could have done more and in the future will because Roger Goodell cares about each and every one of us.

Guys we're going to file this case away in the N-file for "No shit".

• Like 1

Manning has 2 years left on his deal after this and he's said he plans on playing it out. So he'd play the 2016 season at age 40 and then his contract would be up. You'd presume he'd retire at that point as really not too many non-kickers keep going past 40 but who knows, if he's still really good, has no health setbacks and is still chasing another ring - he may keep going. It'll be a sad day whenever he does hang 'em up.

Not for me. I like watching him (and Brady), but I've never really known the NFL without them (I started really watching football outside of just the Eagles in 99 when I was 9 years old, so I'm actually looking forward to the next batch of guys to take the throne and not have to hear as much about Peyton and Tom all the time.

I'm sure people a little older than me had similar feelings about Favre.

And, Chris Christie is an asshole: http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-pushed-port-authority-give-contract-jerry-jones-firm-1774154

Manning has 2 years left on his deal after this and he's said he plans on playing it out. So he'd play the 2016 season at age 40 and then his contract would be up. You'd presume he'd retire at that point as really not too many non-kickers keep going past 40 but who knows, if he's still really good, has no health setbacks and is still chasing another ring - he may keep going. It'll be a sad day whenever he does hang 'em up.

Not for me. I like watching him (and Brady), but I've never really known the NFL without them (I started really watching football outside of just the Eagles in 99 when I was 9 years old, so I'm actually looking forward to the next batch of guys to take the throne and not have to hear as much about Peyton and Tom all the time.

Rodgers is already better than both of them and Luck will be within a year.

Rodgers is already better than both of them and Luck will be within a year.

Rodgers is better than them now, but I'd argue he wasn't better than Manning in his prime. Brady is more debatable, but Rodgers has always had better weapons, while Brady had a better defense.

Manning and Brady are top five all time, not sure I'd put Rodgers there.

For debate:

1a. John Elway (Meacon will never let me forget this)

1b. Dan Marino

3. Joe Montana

4. Tom Brady

5a. Peyton Manning

5b. Steve Young

I tend to value talent and ability over championships, so I wouldn't really argue with Montana being higher. I would argue with Terry Bradshaw ;)

It's fair not putting Rodgers in something like that but he's been a starter in the league for a lot less time than the other two. If he can keep up his level of play for another 5 years and pick up another ring I'd argue for him to be in with those guys.