2014 NFL Season

Dan

I'm not one of these people who think the NFL "fixes" game but the Lions had that game taken from them. If they are playing Jacksonville in Week 6 or if that's a regular season game in Detroit, there's no way they pick up the flag. That is a case of an official being intimidated by a home crowd and one of the league's marquee teams. I've never been a Cowboys hater but after this I'm sickened. Fuck Jerry Jones and fuck fat Chris Christie.

There were a ton of shitty calls on both sides on that game, that just happens to be one that got a lot of attention. Look at the play again and notice that the Lions reciever grabs a face mask pretty early on and pretty much pulls the Cowboys player into him. He was never able to get into a position to make a play on the ball after that.

And again, the Lions had more chances to win thy game and didn't get it done. Not to mention the fact that they got Suh for the whole game when he should have been suspended.

On the Chris Cristie front, not sure hanging out with Jerry Jones is going to endear you to the fine people of New Jersey.

A Virginia newspaper made all their sports headlines Stuart Scott catchphrases

yzjmjdyzxiohumclijui.png

• Like 7

Seattle have won the last 3 games against Carolina but the margins of victory have been 4, 5 and 4. I think Carolina are this years late bloomers (they ended the season with 4 wins I think to sneak in) and can see them sneaking it.

I have a feeling Manning might retire if Indy beat Denver, would be quite fitting too. I can't see anyone winning at Lambeau or Gillette Stadium right now

Stuart Scott was easily my favorite on ESPN.

And like Maxx said, there were a lot of bad calls on both sides in the Lions-Cowboys game. But if you're hating Dallas over that one call, please go find a different sport to watch. I don't hate the Lions, even though I think Suh is a douchebag. And frankly, if the NFL hadn't changed their policy, he'd probably have been toast over what he did to Rodgers the week before. He's a piece of filth, and if he ever does something like that again I hope the NFL punishes him severely.

*edit* Honestly, I don't think most Cowboys fans care for Jerry Jones, anyway. I know I certainly don't. At least when Dallas does lose games, I take solace in the fact I hate the owner's guts.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure that was a Photoshop with Stephen A.

I won't say anything that hasn't been said about Stuart Scott except reiterating that a major part of my childhood was built around the Scott/Eisen Sportscenter pairing. Before school, and especially during long summer days, just watching it every morning. They were the best and are as big a reason I'm so heavily into sports as any other.

Oh shut up Aikman. "They come from being down 10 at halftime". Two touchdown in 2 quarters isn't an amazing comeback. It's not like it was 36-0 at the half

That's the first time in postseason history that a team that was down 10 or more at halftime came back and won, so yeah, it's actually quite noteworthy.

Fair enough, wasn't aware of that. I stand corrected

Weren't the colts down like 26 or something in a wildcard game against the chiefs in the 3rd and pulled out the win?

Could be wrong but I seem to remember that happening, maybe even last year?

Indy was down 21 at half.

Buffalo was down 24 at half to Houston in 1993 and won.

It's not the biggest NFC comeback, either. San Francisco was down 14 to the Giants in 2003.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/comebacks.aspx#postseason

• Like 2

Manning has 2 years left on his deal after this and he's said he plans on playing it out. So he'd play the 2016 season at age 40 and then his contract would be up. You'd presume he'd retire at that point as really not too many non-kickers keep going past 40 but who knows, if he's still really good, has no health setbacks and is still chasing another ring - he may keep going. It'll be a sad day whenever he does hang 'em up.

• Like 1