2014 NFL Season

Dan

As a Bills fan, I'd be thrilled if Marrone took over the Jets, especially if Nate Hackett goes with him.

He's right up there with Dick Jauron as a conservative, stubborn chickenshit coach. His success pretty much came from an outstanding defense and two great DCs in Pettine and Schwartz. His was supposed to be an OL 'guru' and that unit regressed to an embarrassing degree, which is sad since they weren't worth much when he got there.

So no, I won't miss him.

I'm bookmarking this for when you all go 4-12 next year. :P

You'll note I didn't say they'd be better next year. I've been a Bills fan for far too long to be optimistic. :D

As a Bills fan, I'd be thrilled if Marrone took over the Jets, especially if Nate Hackett goes with him.

He's right up there with Dick Jauron as a conservative, stubborn chickenshit coach. His success pretty much came from an outstanding defense and two great DCs in Pettine and Schwartz. His was supposed to be an OL 'guru' and that unit regressed to an embarrassing degree, which is sad since they weren't worth much when he got there.

So no, I won't miss him.

The last time the Bills had a better record than under Marrone this year was in 1999. Nothing wrong with being conservative if you're winning games.

• Like 1

So no, I won't miss him.

The last time the Bills had a better record than under Marrone this year was in 1999. Nothing wrong with being conservative if you're winning games.

There is if you are your conservative approach is losing games you should win.

I'd argue the Bills won games in spite of Marrone rather than because of him.

I've seen reports that Rex Ryan is interviewing with the 49ers and the Falcons. Of the two teams, I'm not really sure which would be the better fit. The 49ers supposedly have a long list of candidates, though, including both Mike AND Kyle Shanahan.

Now, what gets me is that some teams are interested in Mike Shanahan. He may have 2 Super Bowl rings, but I believe his time with the Redskins pretty much proved he got those due to having John Elway and Terrell Davis playing for him.

JJ Watt is first team all pro DE, and second team all pro DT

Wild Card

-Steelers over Ravens

-Bengals over Colts

-Panthers over Cardinals

-Cowboys over Lions

Divisional

-Patriots over Bengals

-Steelers over Broncos

-Seahawks over Panthers

-Packers over Cowboys

Conference

-Patriots over Steelers

-Seahawks over Packers

Super Bowl

-Seahawks over Patriots

Doesn't seem like it's too often that we get the 1 seeds both moving on to the SB that often but I think it'll happen again. Don't really see anybody taking out the Pats in the AFC. Could see the Packers possibly crashing the party in the NFC but the Seahawks repeating was my preseason pick so I'll stick with them.

I picked Cincy over the Colts for no reason other than I wanted to pick a road team, not sure it matters though as New England will smash the winner of that game. Also I have the Steelers over Broncos on the thought that Bell will be back by then. Then again maybe I just picked them hoping to avoid yet another Brady/Manning showdown.

Re: The Deadspin article, a producer from the local radio station who hasn't worked there since 2006 isn't exactly the most notable source of info, but more and more is starting to fester on that, and I don't like it at all.

A local-ish version of Deadspin, Crossing Broad, put it best: there's a power struggle between our GM, who worked his way up through the accounting department and is a very good cap guy, and our coach, who has the potential to change the way offenses are run in the NFL. Unfortunately, it looks like the GM will probably win out.

Edit: And here, from CB, is a long, detailed look for those interested: http://www.crossingbroad.com/2015/01/um.html. That post does an excellent job at calling out the "Throw shit at the wall, see what sticks" journalism that pervades sports.

Edit 2: The Eagles released a statement, finally. They've promoted Roseman to EVP of Football Operations, and have given Chip complete control of personnel decisions. Everybody wins?

Edited by PatDaMan

Ah poo, seems like they resolved it: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12113039/philadelphia-eagles-coach-chip-kelly-assumes-oversight-team-player-personnel-department

Kelly now has control over personnel and Roseman is executive vice president of football operations.

• Like 1