NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Hawks/Wiz isn't 50/50 unless Wall makes a miracle recovery. Wall isn't the kind of player who can beat Atlanta, but the Wizards as a team are much better with him setting up plays for the guys who can beat Atlanta.

I have no idea why Bud kept those reserves out there that late in the game, I know they were hot and making a comeback but law of averages meant the Wiz were going to start making baskets again. Unfortunately law of averages did not mean Gortat wouldn't stop making boner after boner on defense. I still love you Marcin! But not as much Otto von How the hell is this the guy who was awful last year?

Edited by damdevil

Hawks/Wiz isn't 50/50 unless Wall makes a miracle recovery. Wall isn't the kind of player who can beat Atlanta, but the Wizards as a team are much better with him setting up plays for the guys who can beat Atlanta.

I have no idea why Bud kept those reserves out there that late in the game, I know they were hot and making a comeback but law of averages meant the Wiz were going to start making baskets again. Unfortunately law of averages did not mean Gortat wouldn't stop making boner after boner on defense. I still love you Marcin! But not as much Otto von How the hell is this the guy who was awful last year?

Really? I don't know, but the first two games really felt like anybody's game. Tonight's game was felt like it came out of the Twilight Zone, though.

They need neutral corners or for the players to be banned from being on the same half of the court as their bench. Either that or make the players stand in a line so it's Cav, Bull, Cav, Bull, Cav etc. until they finish reviewing.

The neutral corners idea is a good one. You're never going to be able to overcome the bench discussing what they should do and yell out assignments when play is about to begin. But maybe for the period during the review you have to stand in a neutral corner, or the lining up every other team. And bar the benches from communicating with the players on the court.

It has to be something. All they should have gotten was a chance to catch and shoot.

There was at least 1.3 left on the clock when the ball went out of bounds. I think LeBron gets the shot off in .8 anyway.

Also, Joakim Noah learned a whole new way to box out apparently http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CErVeM_UsAA8983.jpg

• Like 1

It has to be something. All they should have gotten was a chance to catch and shoot.

There was at least 1.3 left on the clock when the ball went out of bounds. I think LeBron gets the shot off in .8 anyway.

Also, Joakim Noah learned a whole new way to box out apparently http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CErVeM_UsAA8983.jpg

I wasn't disputing the time or him getting the shot off. I was disputing them getting to draw up a play to get him open for that shot

• Like 1

Don't forget about Blast trying to call timeout before that which should've given the Bulls a timeout and the possession. This whole sequence was a disgrace and probably cost the Bulls a 3-1 series lead.

• Like 3

I wasn't disputing the time or him getting the shot off. I was disputing them getting to draw up a play to get him open for that shot

There's nothing that can be done in this instance. The refs have to go review the play to see how much time is left and one way or another the Cavs were going to get a play drawn up while they were doing it. Plus nobody seems to mention the Bull also had the chance to set their defense because of this.

The timeout situation was a huge blunder that Blatt got away with, but please, don't give me the Bulls should be up 3-1 garbage. They are 1 of the luckiest shots in NBA history to end Game 3 from possibly being down 3-1 right now. The Bulls will have their shot to win the series still and if they can't then that's on them. Excuses are not going to be worth anything.

That was not a lucky shot at all. That was a fucking spectacular shot.

Also, if any team is lucky in this series, it's the Cavs because they still have two players who should basically have been suspended for the rest of the season still playing, one of whom is their sixth man.

• Like 1

They were up 2-1 and instead of getting a free throw and the ball with the game tied and only seconds left they were forced to play defense and not get a shot. I'd say the win probability on those two situations sways heavily in one favor. As for the shot, it was a lucky bank on a good look.

That was not a lucky shot at all. That was a fucking spectacular shot.

Also, if any team is lucky in this series, it's the Cavs because they still have two players who should basically have been suspended for the rest of the season still playing, one of whom is their sixth man.

Are you kidding me? He banked in a 30 foot 3pt shot off a broken play. It is absolutely pure luck he made it, but your comment about the suspended players shows that you have a bias towards the Bulls and/or Cavs so there's no point in discussing it.