NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Except for the bit where they threw Wiggins from the pram to appease LeBron whilst all of their fans were busy jumping up and down telling us how Dion Waiters is an all-star calibre player and Love was only worth Waiters and Bennett and they held all the leverage.

I don't really care what happened to them after that, interacting with their fans during that trade was enough to sour me off them for life. Which took a bit since I felt bad for them when LeBron left and Irving was born in Australia and they have Delly.

Add in Gilbert crying about other teams forming super teams and how unfair it is, until LeBron came back and they can take it up the bum with a cactus for all I care. Especially since they have had 3 of the last 4 number one picks.

• Like 1

Well at least the Dubs are an all time great team and should cruise to the title. Best offense, best defense, hard to beat that. Tony Allen figured out how and Steve Kerr just made adjustments to make him invisible in game 4. I don't see anybody on the Cavs at that level defensively, LeBron's great at defense but he is just one guy.

Well at least the Dubs are an all time great team and should cruise to the title. Best offense, best defense, hard to beat that. Tony Allen figured out how and Steve Kerr just made adjustments to make him invisible in game 4. I don't see anybody on the Cavs at that level defensively, LeBron's great at defense but he is just one guy.

I see the Clippers as the title favorites. Warriors-Clippers will be a war but the Clippers beating the Spurs was huge (they needed a series win like that) and now they believe they can beat anyone. Blake is also playing like the best player in the NBA and I think they will win the title ultimately as CP3 is the most clutch player in the league and the supporting cast is well built around those 2.

Except for the bit where they threw Wiggins from the pram to appease LeBron whilst all of their fans were busy jumping up and down telling us how Dion Waiters is an all-star calibre player and Love was only worth Waiters and Bennett and they held all the leverage.

I don't really care what happened to them after that, interacting with their fans during that trade was enough to sour me off them for life. Which took a bit since I felt bad for them when LeBron left and Irving was born in Australia and they have Delly.

Add in Gilbert crying about other teams forming super teams and how unfair it is, until LeBron came back and they can take it up the bum with a cactus for all I care. Especially since they have had 3 of the last 4 number one picks.

Just because you don't like them doesn't make them a superteam.

Love was a top 5 PF last year. I can't really see how a top 5 PF, top 3 player in the league period, top 5-10 PG doesn't equal a super team? Just because they don't know how to use the talent doesn't mean it isn't there.

If you pick up two top 5 players for their position in a single off season you're becoming a super-team in my book. They didn't organically develop this team or have the players and add a final piece.

Edited by Quom

I see the Clippers as the title favorites. Warriors-Clippers will be a war but the Clippers beating the Spurs was huge (they needed a series win like that) and now they believe they can beat anyone. Blake is also playing like the best player in the NBA and I think they will win the title ultimately as CP3 is the most clutch player in the league and the supporting cast is well built around those 2.

We'll see, this is a team that wiped the floor with the best conference ever during the regular season. Griffin and Paul are dangerous, and Blake's really stepped it up in the playoffs, but Warriors handled both them and San Antonio during the regular season. And the Clips are lacking depth, something GSW has a ton of.

But of course the Clips still have to get by Houston and a game 7 in Houston is not something LA probably wants to face.

• Like 1

I can see LA struggling to contain the GSW back court, whilst I think Draymond and Bogut could defensively do a good job nullifying Griffin and Jordan. Plus Klay is a great defender so life won't be easy for Paul.

That's just The Clippers at their best right there, fucking that game up. Best part is Harden sitting out the entire 4th quarter and Howard scoring 1 solitary point for that comeback. Oh man I'll laugh so hard if The Clips drop Game 7 now too.

If the Clippers drop Game 7, they really need to prepare to toss over the entire roster because that would be four playoff series where they wouldn't have made the Conference Finals with a core group that should be able to compete. And with Jordan being heavily chased they will have a lot of cash bogged down on the trio of Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, and DeAndre Jordan.

And J.J Redick and Jordan Crawford alone won't put them over the hump.

They really need to go out and find meaningful core players that can complement the team and come up big when the others aren't coming up big.

They could be so much better but Doc is a terrible GM (great coach though) who got rid of a talented core that included Eric Bledsoe as a potential 6th man of the year winner every year and at this point has his own fucking son to show for it and nothing else.

The Clips bench was so much better a few years ago, and the team hasn't gotten worse because Griffin and DeAndre get better every year. But it was a miracle they beat the Spurs and even more of a miracle if they beat the Rockets and their analytics.

• Like 2

The Hawks are downright stupefying offensively. They made such a mark as a sharpshooting three point team, only for now their offense to only really click in the paint.

The sooner they realize Korver has gone ice cold, the better. This is not the same offense as we saw for the first two-thirds of the season. This is some weird Mavs/Spurs hybrid and I don't think that gets it done without me having several heart transplants :shifty:

Could someone please replace these zebras? Hawks are getting hit in the face, Wizards are getting knocked off their feet and the only time fouls get called is if it's right under the basket.

Hell, one of them can't tell who's ball it is whenever it goes out of bounds.