NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Well at least LA weren't #1. Knicks and 76ers tank-jobs both miss out on Towns and Okafor :lol:

Edited by HeadChuck McGill

Unless LA pulls a fast one and takes Russell, the Sixers should get Russell or Mudiay and I'm ecstatic about that. If Okafor falls, we'll take him and flip him or Noel for more draft picks.

Are the Sixers ever going to stop tanking? I'm beginning to think by the time they get a team together that they like Noel will be retiring >_>

They'll unload him for more picks in a never ending cycle. It's the Philly way.

I want to know how Kevin Love is feeling. Forced his way off the team which has made us a million times better and has found himself fairly maligned.

Probably pretty alright honestly. He's got a good shot at a ring at least and is going to get paid soon. If there's any regret it's on the Cavs front office, and even then they're in the conference finals.

• Like 1

I want to know how Kevin Love is feeling. Forced his way off the team which has made us a million times better and has found himself fairly maligned.

"Made us a million times better" = going from 40-42 to 16-66

"Found himself fairly maligned" = Minnesota fans are unhappy with him for wanting out and therefore creating the above dip in record (despite that it's "a million times better") so rag him for it, but no one else does and still enjoy watching him play basketball.

Holy crap this is Stockholm Syndrome >_<

• Like 1

Yeah, our record had nothing to do with Martin/Pek/Rubio/Shabazz being injured and finishing the season with 7 players :/. We were literally healthy and full strength for four games this season. I don't mean full strength as in 'if that bench player good for 4 points and 10 minutes' was healthy, I mean pivotal starting guys. I also mean with Wiggins, LaVine, Shabazz, Dieng and this number 1 pick all developing further. There isn't a person on Earth who would take our roster from last season over our roster in 2 months.

I'm not unhappy with him for wanting out. Plenty of players want out and get it (Brewer, Young, Mo Williams, and Barea just this season) it's the way he went about it by blaming and arguing with teammates last season then trashing the team. Hell he has been bitching ever since he didn't get his 5 year extension.

Yes it's our media doing all the reporting about LeBron and Love's woes and we're the ones generating all of the people saying that he hasn't lived up to expectations in Cleveland.

Love was the star for three seasons, the best record was 40-42. If we don't do better than that with Wiggins and this draft pick I'll jump off a bridge.

If Cleveland re-upped Love for 5 years and offered him back for Wiggins we wouldn't make that trade, I'd say that yes, that means we're a better team without him, add in a number one pick (especially if it's KAT who is capable of stretching D plus a solid rim protector) and I don't think it's even up for debate.

Edited by Quom

The Love trade was the best thing that ever happened to Minny. They sold high on a guy who is a defensive liability at a position where you cannot be a defensive liability. His greatest strength isn't needed when he's the 3rd best player on a team. But they managed to get a future superstar in Wiggins for it and if they pick right this year could have a core that will lead them great things.

• Like 1

"Made us a million times better" = going from 40-42 to 16-66

"Found himself fairly maligned" = Minnesota fans are unhappy with him for wanting out and therefore creating the above dip in record (despite that it's "a million times better") so rag him for it, but no one else does and still enjoy watching him play basketball.

Holy crap this is Stockholm Syndrome >_<

I forgot everything stays exactly as it is at this moment in time, forever. Future is never.

Losing in the lottery isn't the end all for us. Plenty of talent can be had at the #4 pick in the draft. Jury is still out for last year's draft, but let's do a recap of the past here.

In 2013, #4 could have gotten you Nerlens Noel.

In 2012, #4 could have gotten you Damian Lillard or Andre Drummond

In 2011, #4 could have gotten you Jonas Valanciunas

In 2010, #4 could have gotten you Demarcus Cousins or Paul George

In 2009, #4 could have gotten you Stephen Curry

In 2008, #4 could have gotten you Russell Westbrook or Kevin Love

It's the #4 pick of the draft. Used wisely it can be a huge asset that we hopefully don't trade for someone like Greg Monroe.