NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

A flagrant 1 I'd get or a technical or whatever, but it was a frustration play and whilst deliberate wasn't vicious. Lets be realistic if Horford wanted to hurt Delly it wouldn't look like that.

It's especially annoying since a spinning back fist is only worth 2 games. It's getting to the point where if you want to hit someone you might as well make it count, you'll get tossed for something relatively soft and only get a token suspension for something serious.

I really don't get what the fuck the tech on Delly was for if it was a legit play.

NBA is going to need to look into changing the rules about guys diving for balls. I'd much rather have Horford drop his weight on me than anybody rolling into my legs when standing.

Edited by Quom

Flagrant 1 definitely but Flagrant 2 was a bit excessive... If he actually hit him with that elbow in the head then yeah a 2 but 1 should have been efficient...

And the technical I believe was for Delly jawing back at Horford after the incident

Edited by phatman

They can feel like that all they want but it's bullshit to retaliate for something which was clearly accidental... A guy sliding along the ground to get a loose ball... There was nothing malicious in that or today's boxing out on Horford, with Horford been the one pulling Delly into him as well... They're basketball plays... Plays that I make whilst playing, plays that anyone would make... The Horford move isn't... Didn't deserve an ejection because he didn't make full contact but it was deliberate...

And this is coming from an Aussie who doesn't lthink much of Delly as a player at all but you can't say what he's done has been malicious with intent to hurt... Just basketball, suck it up...

Just looking forward now to Golden State thumping Cleveland in the finals...

Man, both teams played extremely tough and the Hawks were unlucky to lose that one...

They blew it the final possession of regulation. A long Teague jumper was a low percentage shot, and once it went to OT the Cavs were not going to lose.

• Like 1

The speed he was moving at and how quick it was is freaky. Looked like a sports game glitch you'd see on youtube. Hope he's okay.

Also watching on league pass and I have to say the crowd is classy as fuck. All of them with their hands to their mouths and looks of concerns then whole time he was down then a massive round of applause and cheers when he got up.

The best regular season in Hawks' history and we absolutely did not deserve to get out of the opening round.

By the skin of our teeth, did we not see a Game 7 against Washington. Brooklyn nearly beat us at our own game.

We deserved to get swept. My only hope is that we don't forget how to play basketball if we make the playoffs next year. We sure as hell did this year.

Atlanta really benefitted from how bad the East was. They for 2/3 of the season were the conference's best team, but they were one of 2 teams that probably would have made the playoffs in the West. It's just so, so lopsided between the two conferences. Atlanta has a lot of great pieces to build on though.

Carroll and Millsap are both unrestricted free agents. Brand, Jenkins, and to a lesser extent Pero I'm fine with losing, but if we lose 40% of our starting lineup to free agency, I'm going to be irked.

I never expected the team to finish first in the East, but we went out in the most Atlanta way possible. One baby step forward, run like hell in the other direction.