NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Perhaps, but the Bulls sure didn't do themselves any favors with this statement they released on it

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/tomthibodeau528

I must be missing something

"While the head of each department of the organization must be free to make final decisions regarding his department, there must be free and open interdepartmental discussion and consideration of everyone's ideas and opinions. These internal discussions must not be considered an invasion of turf, and must remain private. Teams that consistently perform at the highest levels are able to come together and be unified across the organization-staff, players, coaches, management and ownership. When everyone is on the same page, trust develops and teams can grow and succeed together. Unfortunately, there has been a departure from this culture."

Completely unnecessary shots at a guy you already just fired. The Bulls should get over themselves (this is not the first time they've had issues with coaches.)

Edited by Mofoticon

Apparently Thibodeau hadn't talked to Bulls management for months and the players were tired of him. Surprised they didn't fire him right after they got eliminated if that's the case.

They were hoping a team would trade for him to save them paying him something like $9 million in remaining salary.

Apparently Thibodeau hadn't talked to Bulls management for months and the players were tired of him. Surprised they didn't fire him right after they got eliminated if that's the case.

They were hoping a team would trade for him to save them paying him something like $9 million in remaining salary.

That makes sense. Some team will hire him though, so they won't be on the hook for all of that money anyway.

As far as I'm aware they are on the hook for all that money now... They've fired him... Another team doesn't take on that contract now... Unless it works differently for coaches but I'm pretty sure it doesn't...

All the rumours seem to point to Fred Hoiberg all but locked in as the next Bulls coach too...

Thibs will coach somewhere soon... I'd be willing to say someone like the Lakers snaps him up...

As far as I'm aware they are on the hook for all that money now... They've fired him... Another team doesn't take on that contract now... Unless it works differently for coaches but I'm pretty sure it doesn't...

All the rumours seem to point to Fred Hoiberg all but locked in as the next Bulls coach too...

Thibs will coach somewhere soon... I'd be willing to say someone like the Lakers snaps him up...

His contract has off-set language in it so they will get some of the money back if another team hires Thibs.

Edit. Mofoticon is right, it is offset, which makes Chicago not just dumping him the second they got eliminated head scratching. Especially when they're claiming they didn't hold onto him hoping for a second round pick. Chicago's front office seems like a really odd place.

He was meant to have a walk up start to the Orlando job but Skiles was meant to be pretty impressive when interviewed and used to play for the Magic. Not sure about New Orleans since they've been interviewing JVG. Orlando I can see still going for Thibs though, I think the Skiles stuff might have been a 'yeah we aren't giving you shit, let him loose and we'll sign him otherwise this guy will do'. I'm not sure I'd take Thibs over JVG though if I was NO.

Edited by Quom