NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

The Pistons pick at 8. Again. Holy shit...we are the worst at being shit, then being good enough to not get a good draft pick.

Still, should be able to get a good shooter at that spot which is what we desperately need. We may even look at Frank the Tank if Moose leaves.

The fast break would have made sense if there was less time. You can see Harden look up and realise there is too much time left as he's bringing the ball up which is why he faltered and didn't penetrate, I would have called a time out right then, because what happened was pretty predictable. The defence realised Harden was the guy to defend and shut him down.

A really unfortunate situation. But I don't hate McHale's initial decision, it was more not calling one once they realised Harden was at the three point line with 8 seconds left.

Ariza kind of blew it there too, there was a double team on Harden from the jump but Ariza moved over to where Harden was and brought his defender with him. This basically prevented Harden from having space to move. At that point they should have called timeout, but I guess it was too frantic. Initially you look at it and you're thinking they can make a fast break work. But the Rockets were kind of in disorder setting it up so the Warriors, namely Curry and Thompson, were able to contain Harden.

Fun fact, should Cavs and Warriors meet it will be the first time rookie coaches have met in the NBA finals since the first ever finals, back when it was called the BAA and the Warriors played in Philadelphia (and won).

This is also a super fan stat nerd article on one of my favorite sites. Ranking the best teams ever according to Elo. Spoiler alert: Jordan's Bulls were really fucking good guys.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-best-nba-teams-of-all-time-according-to-elo/

The Cavs didn't even need Kyrie to beat down the Hawks here...it's obvious the Hawks peaked too early this season and this series ends in Cleveland Tuesday I would think.

I do wonder if the Cavs rest Kyrie the rest of the series in order to try to get 2 weeks off for him before the finals. Seems like they will be able to.

Edited by Mofoticon
  • Like 1

I think Houston could maybe steal a game at home if the Warriors have a cold shooting night but otherwise yeah. It Kyrie doesn't get healthy I could see the Warriors sweeping the finals as well

JVG either did the smartest thing ever or totally goofed when he said Bogut was just another guy. To me it moved it from could sweep but probably won't to should sweep and might.

Edited by Quom

I personally think that would be great. Let the players rest up their small injuries and gives you a chance to hype it as allowing guys to play at their best.

Edit. It's a shame they can't do anything with the guys in this years draft. Some sort of televised game in such a break would be lovely.

Edited by Quom
  • Like 1

I personally think that would be great. Let the players rest up their small injuries and gives you a chance to hype it as allowing guys to play at their best.

Edit. It's a shame they can't do anything with the guys in this years draft. Some sort of televised game in such a break would be lovely.

That's a great idea. Would love to see that.

Curry's 3pt% is now better than Howard's FT% for the play-offs, weird stat. Curry has also attempted less and hit more. It seems weird that someone can hit more threes than a guy getting hacked can manage free throws.

Edited by Quom