NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

It is much more likely for Rose to make that shot than it is for the Cavs to come back if the correct call is made and the Bulls are given a free throw and possession, those are just win percentage numbers.

If I were a Bulls fan I'd be extremely pissed off seeing a 1 legged Kyrie Irving, a hobbled Iman Shumpert and LeBron with a twisted ankle all playing through their issues while Pau Gasol has a mild hamstring strain and didn't play game 4 and apparently is unlikely to play tomorrow too. With him the game might've gone different but he is not stepping up through being hurt like the Cavs players are and it's pretty weak.

I never said anything about Cleveland as a whole, I have no opinion on Cleveland or how bad they are at other sports.

What I said is that specifically the Cavs in comparison to every other team have been the luckiest in the past decade. So to hear someone moan about how unlucky they are is beyond annoying. Since Kevin Love was only worth Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett according to the majority of Cavs fans I can't really see why they are so upset to lose him ;).

The Cavs have won 0 titles and 1 East title even with all that "luck" so it hasn't exactly benefited them.

JR Smith just got suspended 2 games yet Kelly Olynyk got 1 game. Unbelievable. Intentionally trying to break someones arm gets 1 game?

That was not a lucky shot at all. That was a fucking spectacular shot.

Also, if any team is lucky in this series, it's the Cavs because they still have two players who should basically have been suspended for the rest of the season still playing, one of whom is their sixth man.

Are you kidding me? He banked in a 30 foot 3pt shot off a broken play. It is absolutely pure luck he made it, but your comment about the suspended players shows that you have a bias towards the Bulls and/or Cavs so there's no point in discussing it.

If I were a Bulls fan I'd be extremely pissed off seeing a 1 legged Kyrie Irving, a hobbled Iman Shumpert and LeBron with a twisted ankle all playing through their issues while Pau Gasol has a mild hamstring strain and didn't play game 4 and apparently is unlikely to play tomorrow too. With him the game might've gone different but he is not stepping up through being hurt like the Cavs players are and it's pretty weak.

Ah yes, I'm the biased one here :facepalm:

• Like 2

I never said anything about Cleveland as a whole, I have no opinion on Cleveland or how bad they are at other sports.

What I said is that specifically the Cavs in comparison to every other team have been the luckiest in the past decade. So to hear someone moan about how unlucky they are is beyond annoying. Since Kevin Love was only worth Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett according to the majority of Cavs fans I can't really see why they are so upset to lose him ;).

The Cavs have won 0 titles and 1 East title even with all that "luck" so it hasn't exactly benefited them.

JR Smith just got suspended 2 games yet Kelly Olynyk got 1 game. Unbelievable. Intentionally trying to break someones arm gets 1 game?

Also, if any team is lucky in this series, it's the Cavs because they still have two players who should basically have been suspended for the rest of the season still playing, one of whom is their sixth man.

Are you kidding me? He banked in a 30 foot 3pt shot off a broken play. It is absolutely pure luck he made it, but your comment about the suspended players shows that you have a bias towards the Bulls and/or Cavs so there's no point in discussing it.

More than 1 person can be biased in a conversation. I like to think I can objectively talk about things like this and I don't see much bias in any of these comments but perhaps you feel different. To each his own.

Edited by Mofoticon

More than 1 person can be biased in a conversation. I like to think I can objectively talk about things like this and I don't see much bias in any of these comments but perhaps you feel different. To each his own.

Yeah, and while I'll admit that the Bulls are my team in the East (and so essentially my team for these playoffs), I do not feel I'm being biased. I think that while the Cavs should not get to construct a play during time when the refs are reviewing a play (as do any other team), it was well within their rights because there aren't any rules forbidding it, which is not their fault. I also don't think that LeBron was faking it or that the Cavs aren't having a lot of their key players hurt, and are playing really fucking well despite that.

But to say that was a lucky shot is complete bullshit. It wasn't even a catch and shoot, it was an amazing shot that Rose put up at the last fucking second, after making the second best stop-and-shoot shots of this playoffs.

You are 100% biased though. You defended Smith after he literally intentionally punched a player in face, KNOCKING HIM OUT, called a member of another team weak because he's injured (because lol, dumbass can't play because of a little boo-boo) and said that the Cavs' hasn't had any luck despite having 3 number 1 draft picks in 5 years (I remember reading that is some fucking crazy ass odds). You're obviously a big Cavs fan, and there's nothing wrong with that, but even Srar can admit when America screws up :shifty:

The absurdity of "yeah well Chicago got to set its defense" is that anyone will tell you it doesn't mean anything. You already know your assignments, the only benefit is getting to see who is positioned where and who is inbounding and then you burn a timeout to fix assignment issues. It's a basic part of NBA strategy, the defense never has and never will have any advantage there.

Granted it kinda works out because LeBron would have just said "give me the ball" with or without a play drawn up, and Blatt's play (in something that should surprise no one) was awful. But it's still a terrible rule that they need to change, that I'm sure we can all agree on.

And, yes, the timeout from Blatt should have been called and the Cavs did dodge going down 3-1 by virtue of no official seeing it.

• Like 2

You can't, you're a total homer. Which is fine, but you totally aren't impartial and definitely don't speak objectively on anything involving the Cavs.

Also it's ludicrous to even try and pretend that a last second time out helps the defence as much as the offence. The defence in a half court set in the final seconds needs to be pretty much reactive.

• Like 1

I'm not, his offense system is pretty awful and if they want to make sure Anthony Davis is sticking around they can't afford to take a step backwards next season.

I thought by making the playoffs they were saving his job. Oh well, they need to do whatever they can to build a winner around Davis. Their nucleus isn't winning any titles and looks dangerously similar to LeBron's old Cavs teams. Unless they strike gold with a late 1st round pick the next year or two there's going to be a lot of anxiety in the organization if Davis will stay. I know he wants to, but he's going to be courted by 29 other teams.

• Like 1

I can already hear the delusional Lakers fans going on about their Durant, Westbrook, Davis, Love starting line-up they'll have in a few years. :shifty: