NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Hard punch to the face that seemingly knocked a guy out? I'd expect more than a one game suspension.

That'd be a surprise. Smith wasn't even looking when it happened (although for sure he deserves a 1 game suspension) but anything more would definitely be a shock.

It isn't like guys are regularly just randomly spinning around full force delivering spinning back fists to thin air. Especially not after the thin air has said pre-game that none of the opposition players are physically intimidating. Total accident. Perk's screen was also just an unfortunate accident and Crowder should take better care looking before running.

Just ridiculous play from both of them given Boston was about to be swept and the Bulls could actually pose a threat to them.

Love is out for the Bulls series and it sure sounds like he'll need season ending surgery soon...basically shuts down any title hopes for Cleveland. Couldn't be less surprised something like this happens once again to a Cleveland team...

Eh, I get the feeling the East is still very much up for grabs. While the Wizards are hot and the Hawks had their number during the season, Brooklyn has shown signs of life and we know that Derrick Rose is made of weapons-grade nitroglycerin. Irving and James can haul this team through 21 more games if need be.

• Like 1

Yeah the Cavs sure are super duper hard done by. Three number 1 picks in the past 5 years and LeBron coming home. My heart breaks for them.

Being pretty ignorant here, Cleveland hasn't won a title in any sport since 1964 with too many crushing things happening since then to count. This is just another in a long, long line of them. That's why LeBron knows winning 1 title here would make him the biggest sports star ever in the state but I wouldn't bet on him ever getting it done here with how much goes wrong year in and out. It's just something you wouldn't understand unless you were a fan of the teams.

I do think the Cavs can win the East still but they have no chance at all vs a team like Golden State, Houston, San Antonio, etc. without Love.

Edited by Mofoticon
  • Like 1

I never said anything about Cleveland as a whole, I have no opinion on Cleveland or how bad they are at other sports.

What I said is that specifically the Cavs in comparison to every other team have been the luckiest in the past decade. So to hear someone moan about how unlucky they are is beyond annoying. Since Kevin Love was only worth Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett according to the majority of Cavs fans I can't really see why they are so upset to lose him ;).

I never said anything about Cleveland as a whole, I have no opinion on Cleveland or how bad they are at other sports.

What I said is that specifically the Cavs in comparison to every other team have been the luckiest in the past decade. So to hear someone moan about how unlucky they are is beyond annoying. Since Kevin Love was only worth Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett according to the majority of Cavs fans I can't really see why they are so upset to lose him ;).

The Cavs have won 0 titles and 1 East title even with all that "luck" so it hasn't exactly benefited them.

JR Smith just got suspended 2 games yet Kelly Olynyk got 1 game. Unbelievable. Intentionally trying to break someones arm gets 1 game?

Edited by Mofoticon

Just because you drafted Anthony Bennett with a number 1 pick doesn't mean you weren't lucky to have that pick. It just means that someone in your front office is nuts.

You are joking aren't you? The arm lock up thing happens in nearly every single basketball game, Love did the exact same thing a play or two earlier. If he didn't hurt his arm nobody would have even mentioned it.

However a deliberate spinning back fist isn't something I think I've ever seen before and I'm surprised it was only 2 games. I think it sends a really shit message.

As a Knicks fan I can confirm that's just how JR Smith boxes out.

He also has a history of being a dirty as fuck player. I'm honestly amazed, I thought they'd have rubbed him out for a series. If I was the Bucks I'd have Zaza kill Butler.

I'm an idiot, it confused me because there were people saying JR Smith had no idea Crowder was there and it was a natural movement.

I don't get why Olynyk's team-mates bothered saying that, it's how 90% of big men box out (especially in the playoffs).

The Cavs have won 0 titles and 1 East title even with all that "luck" so it hasn't exactly benefited them.

JR Smith just got suspended 2 games yet Kelly Olynyk got 1 game. Unbelievable. Intentionally trying to break someones arm gets 1 game?

Olynyk got off easy, but holy shit, intentionally punching someone in the face should get way, waaaaaay more than a 2 game suspension.