NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

I know a fair amount of basketball players and getting it in like that takes a special skill, but making it the length of the court and at least hitting the rim is something a ton of people can do. Especially if their hands are big enough to grip the ball one-handed, and many basketball players do have hands that big. But yeah, getting it in that easily is rare.

Jimmy Butler is a machine.

EDIT: Decided to rewind Butler's shot and saw a woman get hit right in the mouth as she was coming down the stairs. Guy didn't realize she was coming down and caught her with his elbow when he raised his arms to celebrate.

Edited by Tyrone

Former Memphis Grizzly Jerryd Bayless hits the easy game winning lay-up to put a Wisconsin team over a Chicago team. 3 awesome things. Beautiful :D

This Cavs/Celtics game is getting fucking ugly. Olynyk separated Love's shoulder, Perkins came in and body checked the shit out of Crowder as goon retaliation, and JR Smith just backfisted the shit out of the guy.

Both Olynyk and Smith deserve to be suspended... Olynyk's was horrible and deserves longer than he'll get especially because if it is a separated shoulder, it all but rules Love out for the remainder of the playoffs, was reckless and deliberate... Smith's was just stupidity...

The refs lost control of this series long before this game though... Was just a dirty series the whole way through...

Both Olynyk and Smith deserve to be suspended... Olynyk's was horrible and deserves longer than he'll get especially because if it is a separated shoulder, it all but rules Love out for the remainder of the playoffs, was reckless and deliberate... Smith's was just stupidity...

The refs lost control of this series long before this game though... Was just a dirty series the whole way through...

Personally I think Olynyk, Smith, AND Perkins deserve to be suspended for what they did in the game tonight. Olynyk was the worst easily, it was just a goon move and despite his good mentality in the past, he seriously injured another athlete in a situation that can only be interpreted as deliberate.

Smith obviously was absolutely disgusting and revolting in every way, he fully backfisted Crowder in the face and proceeded to injure him as a result (And I'm pretty sure he was knocked out too from that blow), extremely dangerous, cynical, and foolish.

Then what happened earlier with Perkins was also terrible in every way. We're talking about a 14 year veteran marking a 4th year talent and trucking through him, before also giving him a cynical jab at his head afterwards. This is a guy who has been on title teams and title contenders, who does a move that's extremely goonish and unprofessional. On a player that also had nothing to do with earlier altercations, both Smith and Perkins marked a player who had been great at defending their star player, and purely on an arbitrary reasoning decided to punish him for what Olynyk did earlier in the game.

Perkins deserves a suspension just as much as the other two, dude should've known better, should have used his veteran instinct to calm the team down rather than bring the entire game to a boiling point.

Dirty series as a whole, both teams deserve to have players suspended, both teams deserve fines for bringing the sport into discredit, and finally the league need to firmly evaluate the extremely bad officiating throughout the series.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Perkins was only in for like thirty seconds before he did it. I'd wager Blatt knew exactly what he was to do when he got out there. Not defending Perkins, but he was sent out there as as a goon for retaliation. and he did his job. I notice Brad Stevens kept Kelly on the bench for a long ass time as well, until the game got close again. JR's shot was just ridiculous. Reminded me of Metta World Peace on James Harden.

They'll also certainly be without J.R. Smith for a couple games and Perkins possibly as well.

Though with Derrick Rose's general frailness, there's like a 66 2/3rds chance it evens out, or at least that's what Scott Steiner told me.

Love is apparently going to miss at least 2 weeks but ultimately I don't think it'll matter in the Bulls series as LeBron has the Bulls number past and present. Game 1 will be key as Smith will be suspended a game and if the Cavs can win that one with 2 of their starters down then it could be a short series. Otherwise it'll likely go 6 or 7 and Love could potentially return at the end of that series anyway.