NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Nah they won't wind up in 2nd. Wouldn't be surprised if they won again this year, though. Things are clicking even better than last year and Kawhi is improving even more.

But he still sucks at FTs and that could still be our downfall.

He drops it during a lot of clutch situation, though. Just looking at his numbers does not tell the full story.

Him splitting his free throws during game 6 of the finals in 2013 gave Miami the chance to tie the game, for example. It's happened again a bunch of times since.

He drops it during a lot of clutch situation, though. Just looking at his numbers does not tell the full story.

Him splitting his free throws during game 6 of the finals in 2013 gave Miami the chance to tie the game, for example. It's happened again a bunch of times since.

Yeah, I'm just not a fan of how sports fans tend to scapegoat a single guy in a team sport. Him missing those FTs didn't help obviously but so much more happens that leads to the loss than just him missing those FTs.

I think it's more me seeing him play so well, doing almost everything perfectly, then he goes and misses free throws and it just irks me, I guess. It's like the one thing he hasn't taken up to superstar level yet.

And yeah, everybody blamed Manu that game, and it was sort of warranted. I guess I just still remember the feeling of having it in our grasps and it just slipping from our fingertips. I still remember how pissed I was when Allen hit that three.

Also, would people really feel disappointed if Harden won MVP. If either of those two won, it would feel right to me.

Both are deserving, it just seems like the sports media decided Stephen Curry being the best player on the best team (and putting up historical numbers) wasn't a narrative worth rewarding. I mean, I get it. Harden's doing it without Dwight Howard but it just seems like Curry being on a competent team is being held against him.

Edited by livid

Harden plays much worse defense than Curry. In fact the term "play" should be used useless with Harden.

Curry's made everyone around him better.

Also this is the most incredible highlight.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2426389-kendrick-perkins-gets-away-with-unbelievable-9-step-travel-vs-heat

Grizzlies escape in a wacky ending where Hayward had 3 foul shots down 3 with a second to go. He missed the third. So they're still the number 2 seed for another night or so. Tomorrow night they're at the Clips, cannot wait to watch. Rockets are suddenly the 6 seed.

April 15th, Spurs @ Pels could hold the West's 2 seed and 8 seed in the balance.

The Grizz are not picking the right time to be in a slump. I'd really love to see them finally get the division, though, and I hope they make a deep enough run to keep Marc long-term.