NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

I love Elfrid, I've been a big fan since this time last year when I saw him play in a college game. He's a candidate but it's going to be Wiggins unless Payton goes OFF the next few weeks.

Payton and Oladipo is a backcourt foundation to be feared though. Orlando is gonna be good in a few years.

I'm going to be honest, Wiggins is making me nervous. He doesn't do anything horribly bad, but he hasn't really done anything super amazing jizz my pants incredible either. He has just been solid. I get that he's young and he can create a fuck ton of distance on offence with his step back or spin move, but he has yet to dazzle me. To be honest LaVine has had a couple of games where he looks like he's channelling Westbrook. The closest Wiggins has come is that game he went toe to toe with LeBron. His lows are still much higher than LaVine's though.

I dunno, it just worries me that he doesn't seem to have that extra gear or that 'give me the fucking ball I'm the best option' mentality. He has a decent PPG but honestly watching all of his games most of the time it comes as a shock that he has as many as he does. Likewise whilst his defence is solid he hasn't been forcing turnovers, getting blocks or doing anything super amazing in that regard either.

I'm hopefully wrong and he becomes an impact player, it's really hard to judge when the best players on the team have spent half of it injured. But from what I've seen so far I don't really know that he's the player that is going to get us into the playoffs.

Having said all that if at the end of the season the Cavs were willing to trade Love back for Wiggins I'd say no.

Edited by Quom

Steve Nash officially retired today.

It's a real shame he can't finish his career playing and has to end it like this, but hearing in what kind of hell he lives with his pained back I can only hope that he can recover one day and live without crippling pain.

Also, that Mavs Vs. Grizzlies game had some atrocious officiating. Three T's in 5 seconds with Amar'e getting ejected and Carlisle getting T'd up for asking why ama're was being thrown out. Mavs still lost deservedly because that 4th quarter they gave the Grizz everything they wanted, and you can't win like that. But man they've had two crappy officiating games in a week. First the Thunder mess and now this game with the Grizz.

Another crazy stat for Steve, he was 1% off from being 50/40/90 FOR HIS CAREER.

He was probably the sweetest shooter to ever play the game, in his prime he was unstoppable shooting from anywhere on the court. And whilst his scoring will never truly be as noted as his legendary passing, he truly was an offensive monster even all the way during the 12/13 season.

I had loved to see him return to the Mavs for one last run together with Dirk, but sadly that was never to be. I do hope we see him on the sidelines someday, he's got a brilliant mind for the game and he could become a good coach.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 2

Matt Harpring: "The NBA needs to do something about these tanking teams, Minnesota is only playing 7 men (and insinuating our injuries weren't legit). The team with the worst record should be relegated to the D-League".

Wolves then proceed to beat them in overtime on the second night of a back to back having less than eight players.

Suck my fucking dick Matt Harpring and fuck you for ruining the Utah Jazz who are otherwise lovely.

• Like 1

If it weren't for Harpring the Jazz would be my second team: I have loved Ingles since Beijing Olympics - plus he was once roommates with Ricky Rubio. Gobert is amazing and probably my favourite big at the moment. I'd do very rude things to Hayward (by the time I finished with him his hair wouldn't be perfect), Favors is excellent, Quin Snyder looks like a serial killer, they also have Exum and we seem to be trade buddies.

They should give back the name, it makes zero sense, but then again we should probably get the Lakers name back as well (even if I'm not a fan of it).