NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Coach Bud deserved it over Kerr. All Kerr did for me was show how bad a coach Mark Jackson is. There was all this talent last year (except Green and Barnes have had big improvement) but Jackson did nothing with it. Coach Bud did get Horford back but he still coached the team like Spurs East.

Hopefully at least Curry wins MVP since it's unlikely Green wins DPOY or MIP.

Mark Jackson reminds me of Mike Singletary quite a bit. They're not particularly good at the Xs and Os aspect of coaching but they're able to instill an attitude and work ethic into their players that changes the culture surrounding the team and makes it easier for the coach that comes after them to get the most of their players. He may not have won a championship but I think it's a little unfair to say that he did nothing with that talent because the franchise was a directionless mess before he got there.

Scott Brooks was fired.

Saw it coming from a mile away. He has been on the hotseat for a few years now and their success has been the definer after each season, now they didn't make the playofsf (not really his fault), and he's sacked.

In part it's a shame because he was part the reason they got so far and got a great group of guys to work together with Russ/Kev/Serge being a great unit, flanked by more good players. But of course the front office has done a lot to make that happen too.

Right now I'm just wondering which coach is on the market that's experienced enough to get them success, and also can work with a reasonably young group of players, including a big attitude guy like Westbrook who'se been a pretty big diva these past two-three years. Right now I can't really imagine anyone on the market that could slot into the team, but i'm sure they can find a good person to replace him.

Also, more interesting is Rajon Rondo proclaiming that he will only resign with Dallas if Carlisle doesn't come back next season... So I guess that has made Dallas' choice extremely easy when it comes to going for Rondo, who has been underperforming, and a tough fit to the high-paced Mavs. His possession heavy style hasn't worked out at all, and his defense additions haven't been enough to really overcome his offensive deficiencies. And I for one am glad to leave, and also sad that Cuban traded for him in the first place because we gave up good depth players in Nelson/Crowder/Wright, especially Nelson and Wright were very good before they got traded.

Rondo has been a massive asshole and a burden on the team, and after his ultimatum I don't see any way for him to return in Dallas next year, and quite frankly I think the team is better off with someone more flexible at the guard position.

Also, since people were wondering if either Ellis/Rondo would be resigned, I really hope this news also means that they can go with Ellis again for the future. He has slumped heavily in the past month, and that's a shame but he can still be a very bad man when he's in form, and I think he's an awesome fit in Dallas, I love his offense and hard work, not to mention he's extremely durable at that... Maybe the slump also means his price-tag has slumped too.

Finally, Chandler Parsons is out for the rest of the series with nagging knee injuries. Mavs were suffering already and probably wouldn't beat Houston at all, but it's a shame to see Parsons go down against Houston because he really deserved a good series against the team.

Basically as a Mav fan, I've switched off for the season. Dirk can still light himself up, and Ellis can always find his mojo back, but it's gonna be hard to beat the Rockets who are firing on all cylinders from head to toe...

I hope that we can strike big on free agency and hopefully grab a good name for the Point Guard position, there are a few names out there that would be interesting. There's also Marc Gasol who the Spurs are courting, but maybe Cuban could hijack that signing, it would cause a bit of a problem with Dirk/Tyson/Amar'e already there, but man Gasol is awesome too.

Denver wants Scott Brooks I read.

Billy Donovan is the biggest name in the pond but notoriously penny-pinching OKC might not want to go after him given the amount they'll have to pay to lure him out of Gainesville. I could see Presti outsmarting himself yet again and botching this hiring. It'll be like James Harden except going into the most important year in Oklahoma City's entire history. This hire has to convince Durant and Westbrook they can win and win now or they'll both be gone.

Billy Donovan is the biggest name in the pond but notoriously penny-pinching OKC might not want to go after him given the amount they'll have to pay to lure him out of Gainesville. I could see Presti outsmarting himself yet again and botching this hiring. It'll be like James Harden except going into the most important year in Oklahoma City's entire history. This hire has to convince Durant and Westbrook they can win and win now or they'll both be gone.

Donovan's buyout is actually only $500,000.

Donovan's buyout is actually only $500,000.

His agent is a wizard.

I've loved this Pels-Warriors game. The classic game where the 8-seed in their playoff debut plays like the best team in the NBA with a raucous crowd behind them. Just fun stuff to see, I'd be hard-pressed being bothered with the loss were I a Warriors fan.

But to quote Lee Corso "not so fast my friend!"