NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

MCW is a decent player, but he's a spray-shooter on a spray-shooting team. They need someone that's more of a conventional guard rather than a 6ft6 faux-forward who'se shooting numbers were bad in his rookie season, and have only gone down this season... He's 38% on the floor, that's not 3 points, that's from the floor... Simply too inefficient shooting wise, and even though they have team options, they probably felt safer trading him now than in the future.

And the reason Knight is leaving Milwaukee is very much him being in the final year of his contract, and no doubt aiming to strike big on free agency. Because as far as basketball is concerned, Milwaukee is a black hole.

That's a bit more understandable if they really thought they had no shot at retaining him. Cut your losses now for hopefully, little drop off. MCW is not a great shooter, but he still does a lot of other things well, they could have done worse.

MCW was worth holding onto at least for a few years. He puts up stats on a bad team and isn't a great player, and has bad habits, but even then he's not a terrible piece to hold onto. But this is a PR disaster in every sense of the word. From my Facebook: "I have been a faithful. I have tried so hard. But I am absolutely done with the Philadelphia 76ers. This is the most garbage team in professional sports. Somebody gimme a bandwagon to hop. ‪#‎mcw‬"

I am happy to have Ramon Sessions but man I really liked Andre Miller. The change-of-pace between him and Wall kept opponents on their heels.

Minnesota is trying to sign KG to a 2 year extension...I really don't get it. KG has been finished for a couple years now.

They need something to sell tickets and KG being back in Minnesota probably accounts for some sales. Anything to get eyes on the future stars the team has is a good call. They have the cap room to burn, might as well do it on someone where you'll see a return in ticket sales and merch sales.

Minnesota is trying to sign KG to a 2 year extension...I really don't get it. KG has been finished for a couple years now.

They need something to sell tickets and KG being back in Minnesota probably accounts for some sales. Anything to get eyes on the future stars the team has is a good call. They have the cap room to burn, might as well do it on someone where you'll see a return in ticket sales and merch sales.

We don't though. Pek's on a big contract. I'm guessing it was part of the trade agreement to get Garnett to give up his no trade clause. I really don't like it. I figured it made sense as a rest of the season thing, Young wasn't going to re-sign and has been inconsistent (and it too short to be a PF in the West) and it helps the tank whilst giving us some positive buzz.

But two years of KG? I doubt it's for the minimum, I don't think he's going to come here and suddenly roll back time. I'd have rather they had a hush hush wink wink deal where he became a part-owner or assistant coach after this year. If we're tanking for another 2 years I don't get why we kept Martin, Pek and just re-upped Rubio.

Edited by Quom

I know the Sixers are tanking but why trade away a good young player? Don't you need those when you hopefully in your mind get the first pick and take Okafor?

The belief around the Sixers for the last few months is that he's peaked and isn't likely to get much better than where he is now.

• Like 2

I was more shocked at them trading away KJ McDaniels because MCW has been on the block forever. It's going to be funny if they draft Okafor or Towns and then move Noel or Embiid, their idea of 'only the best will do' is going to end up extending their tank forever at this rate.

The other issue for them is if McDaniels and MCW flop on another team it's going to lower the value of all their players as teams will be thinking that the numbers being put up by Philly players don't translate.

Edited by Quom

I like that the 76ers strategy appears to stockpiling picks, drafting players with said picks, and then trading them to build yet another stockpile of picks in a seemingly never-ending loop.

It looks like Chris Bosh's season is over due to a blood clot in his lung. This was a pretty scary situation because he had symptoms for the ASG Sunday and then took 2 flights since then before going to the doctor. It could've been a life threatening thing. Luckily they have it taken care of for now and it is not life threatening but he won't be able to continue workouts for at least 6 months.

Definitely a huge blow for the Heat after just getting Dragic yesterday.

He can't defend, allows like 5 offensive rebounds in less than 10 minutes, and can't score. Still, Clifford plays him over Vonleh, an actually good prospect that has looked good whenever he played. Difficult were the times for VP when he played all those years for the Pistons.

Nets picked up Thomas Robinson on a ten day deal. I'm excited to have a young promising PF but he's been on like 6 teams in 6 years so there is probably a good reason he hasn't stuck around anywhere. Still though, holding out some hope he'll show a spark in Brooklyn. We need it.