Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Playing on Thursday night wasn't the issue - it was the early kick off Sunday that he moaned about. Same situation here though. 

I said it last week - 12pm Sunday is BT's PL slot, and with the money clubs get from TV games nowadays, it's hard to complain about it really. 

It's nonsense, as if playing at 12 or 2 on a Sunday makes any difference whatsoever. How many teams have played Champions League on a Wednesday then Saturday lunchtime. Never mind the fact that Rostov was at home.

10 minutes ago, Colly said:

It's nonsense, as if playing at 12 or 2 on a Sunday makes any difference whatsoever. How many teams have played Champions League on a Wednesday then Saturday lunchtime. Never mind the fact that Rostov was at home.

I was saying this to my mate the other day. If we manage to win the Europa League, our CL group is going to be tough whichever way you look at it, with League winners being in pot 1. So next season, we could be looking at Bayern away on the Wednesday, followed by a trip to one of the big sides in the league on Saturday. Rostov home and then Boro away is hardly an issue.

I have maintained that the FA could do more for the teams in Europe though, considering the help sides in Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Portugal etc. get. For Juve's CL game with Porto, they had a 4 day rest before the 2nd leg, and a further 5 days to recover before the Sampdoria league game. The likes of Barca, Atletico, Bayern, PSG all got a 4 day break, minimum.

As mentioned earlier though, TV rights seem to dictate kick-off times a lot more here than in other countries.

41 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

And get rid of the League Cup.

But you'll be taking away Mourinho's crowning achievement for United so far!!!