Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Was it in a World Cup when the stadium had massive video screens and it clearly showed a replay of an offside goal or something? Or did I make that up in my head?

Can someone explain to me how giving a suspension after a game works in England?

Because I think Feyenoord just got screwed. We got one of our most important players suspended for the game this sunday against Ajax. Meanwhile the Ajax captain did the same thing and that one didn't go to trial and he didn't get suspended. 

The referee was asked what he thought and he said: I would've given him yellow. Then the prosecutor says: It doesn't matter what you think, your opinion doesn't stand here....

So yeah. Is it such a mess in England too with suspending on video evidence? 

29 minutes ago, MDK said:

Was it in a World Cup when the stadium had massive video screens and it clearly showed a replay of an offside goal or something? Or did I make that up in my head?

I think it was a Mexico game? I know the ref basically had to ignore the massive screens cos they weren't meant to be showing that, despite about a million players begging him to look up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LarsLars said:

Can someone explain to me how giving a suspension after a game works in England?

Because I think Feyenoord just got screwed. We got one of our most important players suspended for the game this sunday against Ajax. Meanwhile the Ajax captain did the same thing and that one didn't go to trial and he didn't get suspended. 

The referee was asked what he thought and he said: I would've given him yellow. Then the prosecutor says: It doesn't matter what you think, your opinion doesn't stand here....

So yeah. Is it such a mess in England too with suspending on video evidence? 

If the ref misses an incident (which has now been amended to "if the ref doesn't see the incident clearly", aka the Haidara rule) a player can be charged retrospectively. The ref on the field hands in his notes but isn't asked for a further opinion as far as I know.

6 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I think it was a Mexico game? I know the ref basically had to ignore the massive screens cos they weren't meant to be showing that, despite about a million players begging him to look up.

I feel like it was this one:

A: 'It says "Enter how many kits you require (goalkeepers + outfield)". That's 2+20, right?"

B: "Oh whoops, I accidentally typed 2^20."

A: "Don't worry. I'm sure they'll know what you mean."

#maths :shifty:

• Like 2

• Admin

Everton’s plans for a new stadium have cleared the first hurdle after Liverpool City Council approved the establishment of a scheme to help with funding for the project.

The cabinet met this morning and rubber-stamped a report which agreed to the setting up of a special purpose vehicle (SPV) which will allow the club to borrow the necessary money, guaranteed by the council, to finance the new £300m-plus ground at Bramley Moore Dock.

Everton can now begin the planning process which will potentially lead to the submission of a formal planning application by the end of the year.

The cabinet report claims a new stadium will bring a forecasted £9m in economic benefits to the city annually and could play a part in its Commonwealth Games bid, for either 2022 or 2026.

There will be no financial outlay towards the project by the council but its involvement in supporting the funding model will bring in a 4m-5m annual security fee.

According to the report “EFC intend to use the stadium move to facilitate a vital legacy project at Goodison Park, delivering health, education, affordable housing and public spaces for the local community”.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Championship Manager maybe?

I think it was during that time of the PL when having a foreign player was still seen as an extravagance. Usually having a foreign player meant that your left back was Welsh or something.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MDK said:

I think it was during that time of the PL when having a foreign player was still seen as an extravagance. Usually having a foreign player meant that your left back was Welsh or something.

Hell, when Amokachi joined Everton, even Chelsea had only 4 players from outside the UK & Ireland. 

Just now, stokeriño said:

Hell, when Amokachi joined Everton, even Chelsea had only 4 players from outside the UK & Ireland. 

Kharine, Petrescu, Zola and Vialli/Gullit?

Way too early for most of those... Gullit (who pretty much kickstarted it all) wouldn't arrive until a year later. Kharine is correct though.

Dmitri Kharine (Russia)
Jakob Kjeldbjerg (Denmark)
Erland Johnsen (Norway)
Mark Stein (South Africa)