Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

I don't get the whole Rooney love from Everton fans. He only played two seasons and fucked them off to go down the road to Man Utd. 

Like if he'd played a few more seasons I could understand but it just strikes me as odd. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

I don't get the whole Rooney love from Everton fans. He only played two seasons and fucked them off to go down the road to Man Utd. 

Like if he'd played a few more seasons I could understand but it just strikes me as odd. 

Still the club he grew up in though. He'll always be one of theirs.

I would be pushing for some kind of deal to get Lukaku though, even if we're paying 40m the other way.

15 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Still the club he grew up in though. He'll always be one of theirs.

I would be pushing for some kind of deal to get Lukaku though, even if we're paying 40m the other way.

See, that offer would maybe possibly be acceptable. Not like the offer that some braindead United fan posted in the thread re: this on the Everton subreddit saying Rooney + 15 million for Lukaku. <_<

The way I see the Rooney situation is he was a boyhood blue, helped us get out of the slump we were in in the late 90's/early 2000's and was more or less sold out of necessity rather than him not signing a contract because he wants to leave (see: Lukaku, Romelu). He'll make a good coach to Barkley and the younger players, and will probably make a good squad option. An aging Rooney as a sub striker is still better than Arouna Kone. :shifty: 

• Like 1

Surely for £300k per week he can afford to employ somebody to tell him that if he wants slow release energy in the afternoon his breakfast should be oats and nuts. Pasta is just going to spike his blood sugar levels and then make him crash/sluggish by kick off. Maybe that's been his problem lately. :shifty:

Boring reply, I know, but that's a shocking indictment of the state of nutritional education in football.

A shocking indictment of the state of nutritional education in football? Never thought I'd hear that phrase.

Back in ma day, we used to wash down our pre-match meal with five pints of bitter, then have five more at half time! And we'd still win the game an' all!

MackayBremner1.jpg

:shifty:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Adam said:

A shocking indictment of the state of nutritional education in football? Never thought I'd hear that phrase.

Back in ma day, we used to wash down our pre-match meal with five pints of bitter, then have five more at half time! And we'd still win the game an' all!

MackayBremner1.jpg

:shifty:

I just find it mad that clubs are spending millions a year on nutritional advice and chefs and what have you, and yet we're still at a point where Wayne Rooney thinks eating pasta for breakfast will fuel his exhaustive exercise later that day.

Depends on the pasta, whole wheat pasta is a perfectly fine slow-release carbohydrate.

Something though tells me, when Rooney says 'Pasta', he means 'Spaghetti hoops'.

You're mistaken if you think clubs are spending 'millions a year' on nutritional advice, to use an example close to your heart, Liverpool appointed their first ever full time club nutritionist, Mona Nemmer in 2016 and their nutrition department is basically her.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Big Gazz said:

Depends on the pasta, whole wheat pasta is a perfectly fine slow-release carbohydrate.

Something though tells me, when Rooney says 'Pasta', he means 'Spaghetti hoops'.

Rooney looks like he'd be more into alphabet spaghetti. 

2 hours ago, Big Gazz said:

You're mistaken if you think clubs are spending 'millions a year' on nutritional advice, to use an example close to your heart, Liverpool appointed their first ever full time club nutritionist, Mona Nemmer in 2016 and their nutrition department is basically her.

The first full-time nutritionist, yes. Do you really think they didn't have independent consultants before that? And the millions was including aforementioned consultants, full-time chefs etc.

Given that Conte had to ban pizza, Moyes had to ban chips at Man Utd, Di Canio had to ban fizzy drinks, ketchup and mayonnaise at Sunderland, Wenger had to ban chocolate and Spurs had to clarify to players that they shouldn't be eating McDonalds after training, no.

• Like 2

Spurs are looking to offload Moussa Sissoko in the summer because 'he lacks work ethic and end product on the pitch'.

We did warn you...

• Like 7