Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

On 3/24/2017 at 20:59, Big Gazz said:

I always wanted to do a FM game where I managed to field a first eleven all called 'Smith' or something.

I've always wanted to try and do a game where I only sign sons of former players.

I also did a USM2 game where I signed back most of the late 1980s Liverpool squad and sold most of the younger ones. I'm not sure it lasted long but some of them were still decent in 1996 so on paper not terrible. :shifty:

Lallana might be out for a month because of picking up a possible thigh strain during a shitty international game  :(

19 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Lallana might be out for a month because of picking up a possible thigh strain during a shitty international game  :(

Oh no :( 

Even Evertons injuries are more exciting than yours :shifty: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MDK said:

Oh no :( 

Even Evertons injuries are more exciting than yours :shifty: 

Yeh but Everton are Everton. Hopefully they can muster more than 3 shots compared to 40+ this time at Anfield...

30 minutes ago, Baddar said:

They'll turn you over now! 

Good to have proper football back this weekend. 

Pffft, the international break is the only time I get to see my team winning. I wish we could do this every week :shifty: 

Also I hope Rashford starts up front for United on the weekend. He was the best player on the pitch when he came on. Same thing happened in the England/Iceland match, he was only on the pitch for about five minutes and I think that summed up that match perfectly.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Adam said:

We'd have an impenetrable home record if every team had to play underwater when they visit us for a game to be fair.

If the memes are to be believed, it may be the only effective countermeasure against N'Golo Kante.

• Like 2

Everton's ground deal is just weird to me, there's concerns that I'd have if I was an Everton fan.  

The fact the council are having to be a guarantor for the loan, the fact the owner is likely to not spend a penny and instead use a consortium of lenders despite saying he'd spend money on infrastructure, they want the ground by 2020 despite a lot of work is needed to be done on the area before it could even be ready for a stadium to be built there. It's are also going to be the councils stadium for a significant period of time. Oh and the fact it's only going to be 50,000, I would think they'd go to 55,000 around that amount.  

I'm all for Everton getting a new ground (especially if they are going to build it right next to a sewage works) and I'm all for the development of the city (unless it's wank student accommodation which Joe Anderson is obsessed with building) as the city has come on leaps and bounds over the past 10/15 years. But there's just some things that I wouldn't feel comfortable with if I was an Everton fan and I'd be wanting further clarity 

You're just concerned that Everton appear to be getting the upper hand for when in the inevitable quest for ratings, the Premier League decides that all matches should be played underwater.

They were a great equaliser in the game between France and Spain this week and ensured a fair game as a couple of borderline offside calls swung the opposite way. I'm dreading the first referee to misuse them though as you'll get the boo boys running riot but having to wait 20 seconds to make sure that someone isn't going to lose due to a dubious decision is worth it in my book.

I think the important thing with it is that the FA need to be absolutely clear at the start of the season what situations it will be used in, particularly in terms of "only when there is a stoppage", as otherwise pundits will talk their usual unchallenged nonsense on MOTD etc about "why wasn't it used then?" and nothing will be gained in terms of ref goodwill. See Jonathan Pierce trying to understand goal line tech but much worse.

Could be interesting, does it mean refs will let play continue in tight offside situations to see what happens? And for how long? Massive can of worms to untangle.