The Emirates FA Cup 2016/17

DFF

If we get past Plymouth I'm relatively happy with that draw. 

In terms of games for TV...this round has been a bit shit. 

Since Fifa have essentially shrugged their shoulders over the whole Matip situation Liverpool are reportedly considering playing him against Plymouth.

This, in theory, means that Liverpool could get thrown out of the FA Cup. However, the club does not see it as a risk because Matip had made himself unavailable for selection for the AFCON from the outset and considers himself retired from international football.

9 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Since Fifa have essentially shrugged their shoulders over the whole Matip situation Liverpool are reportedly considering playing him against Plymouth.

This, in theory, means that Liverpool could get thrown out of the FA Cup. However, the club does not see it as a risk because Matip had made himself unavailable for selection for the AFCON from the outset and considers himself retired from international football.

Is there a TL;DR version of this story? Because I assumed that if you were retired from international football, what is the agro here?

10 hours ago, MDK said:

Is there a TL;DR version of this story? Because I assumed that if you were retired from international football, what is the agro here?

Seems to me that, because he can't play until Cameroon sanction it (because they named him in their squad despite his 'retirement'), Cameron are just going to play silly buggers to piss him/Liverpool off and FIFA aren't doing anything to resolve the situation.

Please do play him, then get thrown out to prolong Plymouth's F.A. Cup run as it might help our title race against them. ;)

• Like 1

FIFA are so fucking shit at their job. I mean they've basically gone "Oh yeh we know what the rules are but we aren't going to tell you anything until you may break anything:

Fuck them. Should just play him. He's been retired for Cameroon since before he joined us 

So, United haven't been picked for a televised FA Cup game for the first time in 12 years (Exeter, 2005), and their game against Wigan won't be shown unless Crystal Palace beat Bolton in the replay tonight. BBC would elect to show Bolton v Man City, providing they get through at Selhurst Park. 

Still a good chance of us being on TV then, but who fucking knows with Palace these days.

• Like 1