2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

Big win. I'm not sure how bad Trestman was but Marty's play calling in the red zone and that last drive, where they really had no urgency, killed them imo. That and OBJ finally breaking out of his slump. The running game is still garbage but I'll take a win nonetheless. 

• Like 1

Yeah, this was a must win for the Giants if they wanted to keep any hopes alive.  There was no way they could've been taken seriously if they were to lose to a Ravens team with that many key injuries and an offensive coordinator who just took over on Monday.

No idea what will happen next week, it's a London game so weird things tend to happen in those games.  But I feel a lot better seeing OBJ break out of his slump.  The run game is useless, so just air it out.  That's what OBJ, Cruz, and Shepard are here for.

Glad they outlasted the 18-on-11 handicap match in the 4th quarter as well.

Tense but I'll take the win!

The call on DRC was ridiculous but OJB's and the roughing penalty on the Ravens last drive were pure stupidity. Beckham can be an all time great, but he needs to cut down on the shit soon. Hopefully this a turning point for the season and snapped a rut.

More importantly, Giants are in London next week and I'll be there. So, so very hyped! :w00t:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DYSI said:

Very surprised Ravens didn't take the FG on 4th and Goal only down 4 with the entire 4th quarter to go. 

The call was there, Props to your defence for stopping it. My main issue on that series was sneaking Flacco from that far out run a FB dive for Christ sakes.

Yeah the loss sucks, But with the injuries we had and the OC only taking over on Monday there's still hope. The rest of the AFC North losing too helps. 

Two weeks ago, the NFL issued a strict reminder to its teams that they are only permitted to use official NFL footage on their social media accounts. Teams cannot make their own GIFs or videos, unless they’re willing to pay fines that begin at $25,000. This week, the Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles got creative with the restrictions.

• Like 6

Someone explain why so many are calling for Hoyer to keep the starting job. He threw for 300 yards today, but no TDs. He continues to ignore the top receiving threat in Jeffrey in favour of Cameron Meredith, who's only playing as Kevin White is injured. Yeah, Cutler can be careless, but I don't see the Bears winning any games with Hoyer, Cutler gives you a chance. 

I love Romo the person, I have mixed feelings about Romo the player when I look over the entirety of his career.  It would just be stupid to disrupt what we have going right now.  There was definitely an argument for it during the first few games, but with Dak we've steamrolled the Bengals and Packers.  The amount of things a Romo return could improve  is shrinking each game.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Cactus Drags said:

Someone explain why so many are calling for Hoyer to keep the starting job. He threw for 300 yards today, but no TDs. He continues to ignore the top receiving threat in Jeffrey in favour of Cameron Meredith, who's only playing as Kevin White is injured. Yeah, Cutler can be careless, but I don't see the Bears winning any games with Hoyer, Cutler gives you a chance. 

Hoyer's been good at dinking and dunking his way down to the red zone but then, more often than not, the Bears finish with FGs rather than TDs. 

I think some Bears fans like him because he keeps things close but I'm sure they'll be a Hoyer meltdown because history shows he has those games. And when you realise that then you might as well play Cutler because - while his play is more erratic - he can actually go out and win games.

And I actually think Meredith is playing better than White ever did. White was raw coming out and he's logged so little practice and game time that it's really hampered his development.

• Like 1

Yeah, Dallas would be nuts to bench Prescott for Romo at this point.  If Prescott rattles off a few bad games in defeat (one can only hope), I can see making a move, but doing it right now would be crazy even by Jerry Jones standards.

As it is, Dallas look like far and away the best team in the NFC East, but there's plenty of time yet.  Happy the Giants won today so as to not lose more ground.  Also the NFC Wild Card picture already looks like a huge dumpster fire of mediocre teams.  9 wins could be enough for a Wild Card spot this year, maybe even two.

Ezekiel Elliott is basically AP2 isn't he? He made mincemeat on the Packers' (otherwise excellent) rushing D.