2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

Poor guy, whenever it seems like he'll get his chance, something ridiculous happens.

And the Fitzmagic curse continues.  You want to bench him?  Prepare for his replacement to go down, just like any other QB that starts in front of him.

2 hours ago, #BROKEN Busch said:

Denver feels like the only team that can stop the Pats from reaching the Super Bowl, entirely on the strength of their defense just like last season.  MAYBE the Steelers with Roethlisberger but even then I'm not convinced.

I think any of the AFC West teams have a shot. Maybe not KC, they're a very solid team, but I don't think they have the defense to hold New England, as Denver does, not the potentially explosive offense of San Diego or Oakland.

I don't give SD/Oak much chance, but maybe if they got in a shootout. 

7 hours ago, damshow said:

Yeah largely unwatchable. Talent is too thin, penalties are too many, and the pace seems worse than usual.

Pfft speak for yourself, this season has been very entertaining so far!

I have no idea why they didn't just release him last week.  They already decided he wasn't going to go to London once Brown's journal was released, so that should have been the end of it.  As soon as the proof was out there that he committed the abuse, he needed to be out the door.

Maybe the union would have demanded that he go on the commissioner's exempt list anyway, but that would have been Goodell's call to make - not the Giants.  The Giants needed to cut ties with him as soon as last week's information was brought to light.  Instead they kept him, their coach made an idiot of himself, and the players got badgered with questions about it that they had no business being asked all because the front office wasn't willing to do its job and be on the front lines.

Yes, Mara admitted in his press release that their beliefs, judgments, and decisions were misguided.  But that doesn't change the fact that they screwed this up royally nor does it give me confidence that they'll handle it better if/when another one of their players is involved in domestic abuse.

It's fucked really and I'm disappointed the way the Giants handled it. He should have been cut as soon as the Pro Bowl incident happened but honestly the whole NFL toxic apart form their on field product. The way in a which a player is dealt in these instances with comes down to a few factors; player's value to a team, public evidence available and "protecting the shield".

The combo of the above is the reason why Adrian Peterson is still in the league and Ray Rice is blackballed. Brown's situation shifted over the threshold for the league and that's why he was cut when he was. The owners and Goddell are motivated by nothing but making more money.

No, the reason AP is still in the league and Ray Rice isn't is that there's actual video of Rice committing abuse. Plus Peterson is a father who made a mistake and took it too far while whipping his son, while Rice is a cowardly piece of shit who has no problem hitting a woman. BIG difference.