2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

The Jets played hardball, offered him  less than he wanted and he refused to sign with them until other QBs that the Jets may want hit the market, at which point he backed down on his demands.  How is that chasing him?

He threw 31 TDs last season, its easy to see why the Jets wanted to hold on to him, but they were smart enough to know he's not consistent.  Its why they didn't just throw a ton of money at him with their first offer.

With Ben possibly out for 4-6 weeks, what do we think the chances are of them swinging a trade for someone else's back-up? Landry Jones is pretty terrible, so even the likes of a Sanchez would be a signifcant step up. 

Fitzpatrick might not be an awful shout with his benching. He's not that bad - just very 50/50, and that's 50 more of a chance than they hae with Landry Jones! 

Josh Brown admitted to abusing his wife in his journal.  I wasn't on board with cutting him when he got his one-game suspension because it was stemming from an incident over a year prior for which charges had been dropped, there was no reported evidence, and the whole thing just seemed very murky.  But now the police has released proof in which he admits to doing it.  So he has to go.

And shame on the New York media if they continue to demonize OBJ for his on-field theatrics when you have somebody like Brown on the roster who did something far, far worse.  I don't care if they're in London and they'd need to rush somebody across the pond to play Sunday, the Giants need to release him immediately. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I agree after what has come out the past 24hrs he has to go. Not sure who they could get in such short notice and if that person even has a passport but I'm sure OBJ can do some kicking if need be. He's apparently really good at soccer. 

Plus he's married to a kicking net for godsake! :rolleyes:

This will be news to people living in Detroit but one of our beat writers died this morning, Drew Sharp. Was sudden and unexpected. He was kind of a cynical dick but 56 is too young and he I do give him credit for almost always being a total skeptic of the Lions success (what little there has been).