2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

8 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

No, the reason AP is still in the league and Ray Rice isn't is that there's actual video of Rice committing abuse. Plus Peterson is a father who made a mistake and took it too far while whipping his son, while Rice is a cowardly piece of shit who has no problem hitting a woman. BIG difference.

Right. So this kind of mentality is why AP is still in the league and Ray Rice isn't.

• Like 4

Ooof! Titans mullered them! (Don't let the final score let you think it was remotely close, Jags got two very late consolation scores). Game was buried by HT (27-0).

Saw on Facebook earlier that Tony Romo is throwing now. One particular idiot made a comment berating fans for giving up on him after all he's done for the team, and 90% of the replies I read were reaming him good. The way Dak Prescott has been playing, Jerry Jones needs to be locked up in a nuthouse if he benches Prescott in favor of Romo. 

Romo makes more deeper throws, thus they're a little more dangerous than what Prescott is throwing. Beyond that their numbers are very similar. But, yeah, when the team is winning you can't change your QB. I think Romo is aware of that as well and won't put up much of a fight. He's there should Dak get hurt or should the Cowboys offense sputter.

I got way too cute with my survivor pick this week.  I took the Bengals, not realizing the game was in London where all bets are off.  I know Washington was 4-3 and the Bengals 3-4 but I really don't think their records are indicative of how they've actually played.

Meanwhile the rest of my pool, predictably, are taking the Jets because the entire pool has just broken down into "pick against the Browns every week".  I also nearly took the Titans but just didn't feel good picking that dumpster fire of a Thursday game.

The good thing is it's a double elimination pool, so this is just strike 1 for me assuming Washington wins in OT like I think they will.  If the Browns can somehow win today (lol) it'll be all tied up again anyway.