2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

4 minutes ago, DYSI said:

They should've ran it on that tipped INT play with Perkins on a roll that drive - but a win is a win. 

Yeah, win's a win but jeez...it's remarkable how the Giants can't just have a laugher in their favor.  They had so many chances to blow this thing open.

I'm happy that the NFC is still a huge dumpster fire.  Dallas and I guess Atlanta feel like the only clear cut good teams in the conference.

18 minutes ago, #BROKEN Busch said:

Yeah, win's a win but jeez...it's remarkable how the Giants can't just have a laugher in their favor.  They had so many chances to blow this thing open.

I'm happy that the NFC is still a huge dumpster fire.  Dallas and I guess Atlanta feel like the only clear cut good teams in the conference.

Well the two games I could see being blowouts are when we play Chicago and Cleveland in the next few weeks. No offense Srar. >_>

If we play capable football we could cut closer to Dallas while separating from Philly, they've got Atlanta, Seattle, and Green Bay next. Interesting couple of weeks. 

Nah, you can't really give up a 1st round pick for a soon to be 32 year old tackle unless it's a serious championship run and he's the final piece. The offence as a whole just isn't clicking, a big upgrade at LT isn't going to fix it.

As good as Thomas is, I wouldn't have parted with more than a 2nd.

2 hours ago, TCO said:

Nah, you can't really give up a 1st round pick for a soon to be 32 year old tackle unless it's a serious championship run and he's the final piece. The offence as a whole just isn't clicking, a big upgrade at LT isn't going to fix it.

As good as Thomas is, I wouldn't have parted with more than a 2nd.

Tbf, O-Line is one of the few spots where a player north of 30 doesn't give me a lot of pause, especially a guy like Thomas who has a track record of of durability.

I mean I get why Reese didn't do it, as it would be admitting defeat on the Flowers pick as he'd be shifted to RT permanently, but it still would have been a huge boost to the line.  Pugh getting hurt today is a huge loss for an already weak group, hope he's not out for long.

On 11/4/2016 at 05:58, Meacon said:

I said years ago when the NFL started putting games on Thursday: Thursday nights are for MAC and Conference USA college football games. Fuck the NFL.

*cough*PAC12AfterDark*cough*

Also, I'm here in case Oakland turns into a pumpkin. I'm super scared is going to happen. I'm not sure how to handle real success, all of my teams are only historically good!

I'm really happy for Oakland, and that looked a good performance from the highlights/write-up. Pats looks a lock for #1 seed, but the Raiders seem a good early candidate for #2.

Also, can we just marvel in Stafford's heroics for another week? The Vikings D smothered us for a lot of the game, but he came up big (as did Prater, Tate and one or two others) when we needed it most. It's crazy to think we could actually win this division...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DFF said:

I'm really happy for Oakland, and that looked a good performance from the highlights/write-up. Pats looks a lock for #1 seed, but the Raiders seem a good early candidate for #2.

Also, can we just marvel in Stafford's heroics for another week? The Vikings D smothered us for a lot of the game, but he came up big (as did Prater, Tate and one or two others) when we needed it most. It's crazy to think we could actually win this division...

I found his performance more impressive yesterday than his great games. The Lions have a tendency to have QBs that can't recover from bad starts. Instead Stafford made plays that needed to be made. I have all the confidence in the world in him in those come from behind situations.

Also, the offensive line dare I say is playing. Especially the two rookies on the left side Decker at LT, and Glasgow at LG (originally drafted as a center, but showing great versatility to play well at guard). Our center Swanson might be the biggest surprise on the team. That is big. 

I really don't know how things will play out, but the defense has slowly improved. Our offense can compete with anybody, but we still have some tough games coming up. It's weird because I don't know if I am Caldwell fan. He needs a playoff win to keep his job in my view.

2 hours ago, VerbalRick said:

I found his performance more impressive yesterday than his great games. The Lions have a tendency to have QBs that can't recover from bad starts. Instead Stafford made plays that needed to be made. I have all the confidence in the world in him in those come from behind situations.

Also, the offensive line dare I say is playing. Especially the two rookies on the left side Decker at LT, and Glasgow at LG (originally drafted as a center, but showing great versatility to play well at guard). Our center Swanson might be the biggest surprise on the team. That is big. 

I really don't know how things will play out, but the defense has slowly improved. Our offense can compete with anybody, but we still have some tough games coming up. It's weird because I don't know if I am Caldwell fan. He needs a playoff win to keep his job in my view.

I think winning the division and a good performance (if not a victory) in te play offs would get him an extension.