2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

But they're coached by Andy Reid which means even if they make the playoffs, his horrible clock management will cost them.

I'm still not sold on Oakland. I think the AFC is still New England or Denver's.

And Seattle is showing why people need to slow their roll when they start writing teams off after four games. It's only a sixteen game season, but it's a long season.

The good teams often take half a season to get into gear. Every year someone who starts 4-4 or 5-3 rattles off a huge streak and winds up 12-4 and a first-round bye.

Week 11 televised games for the UK:

Fri 0125 Saints at Panthers
Sun 1800 Ravens at Cowboys
Sun 2125 Eagles at Seahawks
Mon 0130 Packers at Redskins
Tue 0130 Texans at Raiders at Mexico City

• Like 1

On 11/13/2016 at 21:53, #BROKEN Busch said:

I'm just hoping for anything other than a Pats/Cowboys SB so I'd have someone to  actually root for.

The way the standings are right now, I want Cowboys vs. Chiefs. Or Cowboys vs. Ravens. Fuck the Pats, and I don't want a Battle of Texas Super Bowl. So not the Texans, please. 

8 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

The way the standings are right now, I want Cowboys vs. Chiefs. Or Cowboys vs. Ravens. Fuck the Pats, and I don't want a Battle of Texas Super Bowl. So not the Texans, please. 

If the Texans make the Super Bowl, I'll swim to England and swim back with @Lineker on my back.

• Like 3

I'm under no assumptions that the Ravens or Texans will make it to the Super Bowl. I just went off current standings. I expect the Steelers to overtake the Ravens to win the AFC North, and even if the Texans win the AFC South they won't have a deep playoff run. At this point, the Raiders and Chiefs are tied, but the Chiefs have the better record division-wise, and I'd rather see them in the playoffs than the Raiders or the Broncos now that Peyton has retired. 

My playoff prediction (for divisions only; not doing wildcards or Super Bowl  just yet):

AFC East - Patriots, unfortunately. 

AFC North - Steelers. Ravens could pull it out, but I have a feeling they won't.

AFC South - Texans. Titans *might* overtake them, but this division is irrelevant. Whoever wins loses the first round of the playoffs. *Maybe* second, depending on who they face.

AFC West - Chiefs.

NFC East - Cowboys. Unless Dak gets hurt or Jones is dumb enough to give Romo the starting job back.

NFC North - Vikings. Lions could win it, but with their luck I'd be surprised.

NFC South - Falcons. They're the only team in their division that isn't mediocre (Bucs) or shit (the other two teams)

NFC West - Seahawks, 

Goff will start next week against the Dolphins and the Vikings cut Blair Walsh,

Giants season looking very promising. Being carried by the defence and squeaking a wildcard while the Patriots are heavy favourites in the AFC? 3li anyone?:pervert:

• Like 1

Minnesota has invested too much in the QB position.   Denver is possible, but they seem to be doing just fine with Trevor and they've got Lynch in waiting, though if they want to take advantage of their defense, they should make a move.  Arizona should be in the market, but I'm not sure Dallas would deal him to the NFC.  He deserves so much better than the Jets.