2016 NFL Season

Schlitzbrille

Hopefully Romo goes nowhere until Dallas finds a suitable backup QB. Perish the thought of Mark Sanchez actually playing.

But when Romo goes, I do hope he goes to a decent team. When Sanchez goes, I hope its to an Arena team.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 2

Using state of the art scientific technology over at the Handsome Luchadore Athletic Commission, we can conclude:
Tony Romo=8 letters
Assuming A=1 and Z=26, T=20, O=15, N=14, Y=25 ,R= 18, M=13; or 20+15+14+25+18+15+13+15. This equals 125.
Dallas last appeared in the NFC Championship Game in the 1995 season, 21 seasons ago. 125-21=104.
His current TD/INT ratio is 2 and 1/9ths. 2+1+9=12. 104-12=92.
According to Forbes, the Cowboys were worth 4 billion dollars in 2015. 92/4=23.
Tony Romo joined the league as a free agent following the 2003 NFL Draft. The 23rd pick of the draft was Willis McGahee. He played for four teams, two of which were in the AFC North, the last of whom were the Browns. They went 5-11 the last time the Cowboys were in the NFC Championship game.11+5=16. 23-16=7.

You know which other oft-injured quarterback in the AFC North wears #7? Ben Roethlisberger.

Therefore, we can assume that Tony Romo will become a STEELER.

Broncos might be a sneaky good call actually. Whilst Simian has been okay, and they have Lynch waiting, Romo would be step and half up on what they can currently provide. Imagine the stats Thomas, Sanders et al would be able to get!?

Bears are another good shout, as are the Jets (I know they have Petty and Hackenberg, but this would give them time to both fully develop). Vikings have probably invested too much in the position, but it's not an illogical choice.

What if... Houston admitted they made a colossal mistake with Osweiler? Romo to Hopkins would be a tasty combo!

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 18:33, DFF said:

Week 11 televised games for the UK:

Fri 0125 Saints at Panthers
Sun 1800 Ravens at Cowboys
Sun 2125 Eagles at Seahawks
Mon 0130 Packers at Redskins
Tue 0130 Texans at Raiders at Mexico City

Sky have changed their mind!

Instead of Eagles / Seahawks, they are now showing Dolphins / Rams at 2105. I can only assume it's the opportunity to show Goff's debut combined with the fact they've focused on the Eagles a fair bit recently. Plus, any excuse to show Ajayi.

8 hours ago, DFF said:

Sky have changed their mind!

Instead of Eagles / Seahawks, they are now showing Dolphins / Rams at 2105. I can only assume it's the opportunity to show Goff's debut combined with the fact they've focused on the Eagles a fair bit recently. Plus, any excuse to show Ajayi.

Yeah, why show what could be the game of the week between two of the better NFC teams when you can show the...Dolphins...and...the Rams... :mellow:

8 hours ago, Meacon said:

Yeah, why show what could be the game of the week between two of the better NFC teams when you can show the...Dolphins...and...the Rams... :mellow:

I think it's a combination of factors:

• The debut of a #1 overall pick
  • They get to show a British player who is in form (Ajayi - and yes, we know we moved to the US when he was 7 years old, but that really doesn't stop Sky going on about it)
  • Both teams are in the international series next year (Dolphins against Saints in London. It is noted that the Rams could be playing elsewhere, but they are confirmed for an international series game of some kind next year).
  • The Dolphins are on a four game winning streak.
  • While the Rams haven't been good, they have been pretty tough at home.
  • Historically, Sky don't like repeating teams in back-to-back weeks. They are already doing this by showing the Cowboys for the early game. Eagles / Seahawks would see two teams they covered last week playing each other this week.
  • In what probably goes against the trend over the pond, Sky's best ratings are always for the early game - they don't have to chase ratings for the second Sunday game as they know it's going to be a lower value (the early game always gets the most, probably because that is in our prime time of 6pm to just after 9ish).

I don't agree with the points, but I can imagine the above play into the decision in some way.