NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

In the first practice after the draft, Knicks draft pick Frank Ntilikina hurt his knee. He was walking "gingerly" and had his knee taped up. It isn't looking serious though.

But you know what's even more Knicks than that? They spelled his name wrong on his jersey.

DDhAXtKVwAA1SJX.jpg

Sorry @Meacon:( 

Edited by The Big Bratwurst
added photo

This is awesome. Tanner Ainge, the son of Danny Ainge, is running for Congress in Utah. And he's trying to convince Gordan Hayward to resign with the Jazz and not go to Boston.

Tanner Ainge has betrayed his family and should be beaten in the street. 

I wish some off season decisions would happen already. I know Hayward is meeting with Miami, Boston and Utah this weekend. But I've read articles saying that Griffin is the actual main target (which makes no sense), that we are going to package Isiah Thomas and draft picks to trade for Russell Westbrook (which makes less sense) and that they're gonna miss all their targets and sign Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph (which makes us.....the Grizzlies?).  I love the off-season for the anything can happen vibe but I go crazy for the sports writers scrambling for stories. 

Not entirely sure where this leaves the T-Wolves at Point Guard with both Rubio and Kris Dunn traded away.

Meanwhile Ricky Rubio has been waived by the Bulls, seemingly because they couldn't get a trade for him.

Huh.....so...George and Westbrook get a year practice before going to LA. For a league dominated by superteams last year, these have all been very non-superteam decisions. 

George/Hayward was always the longest of long shots, but I was holding out a sliver of hope. Oh well. I would've rather CP3 gone to the Spurs as well, maybe they snag Rondo? I don't know what's happening this off season. 

7 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

I hope Hayward sticks around Utah. Because with Rondo in there their pluckiness factor has just shot through the roof.

Jazz traded for Rubio, not Rondo. Nobody is gonna sign Rondo, hopefully. Although, I would love to see Coach Pop teach him a lesson in San Antonio.

Wolves just signed Jeff Teague. It's gonna be a fun division with them, Jazz, and the Thunder.