NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

They were being proactive in trying to keep him, which you do for a star player. Resigning Ingles, trading for Rubio, trading up in the draft for Mitchell, all moves made to keep Hayward here and happy. What would you have wanted them to line up? Tell the Pacers or Denver to not trade anybody until Hayward makes his mind up?

I get what you're saying that the Jazz should have a contingency plan in place. And knowing our GM, I'm sure he does. I'm just saying that if Hayward had told the Jazz earlier what his intentions were, maybe they would have had a different plan in place and already done.

Golden State has signed Omri Casspi and Nick Young. Two more sharpshooters.

EDIT: Also Utah and Boston are working on a sign-and-trade to send Jae Crowder to the Jazz. Would be nice for them to get something in return for Gordon leaving.

Edited by Tyrone

Well as far as the Jazz front office trying to salvage something, they've contacted Boston about a sign and trade deal. Reportedly it will involved Jae Crowder, which is great for Utah. He's on a very team friendly deal and is a dominant player who has improved every year in Boston. 

I am also irrationally excited about the rumors of us trading for Marc Gasol, even though I know it's basically impossible with our current roster and cap space. We would probably have to trade Horford which........why? I love Gasol but Horford is a better fit for the east and has an extra year on his deal. 

Edit: didn't see Tyrone's edit. It helps Boston too, clearing the space we need to sign Hayward's deal. 

Edited by En Dub

Personally, I would rather have Brown and either the Nets pick or Lakers pick. Y'all wanna clear space for Hayward? Good, give us something in return. 

But, I've always liked Crowder too and hope we can work something out for a sign and trade.

Yeaaaaahhh....they'll sooner waive people than give that up for someone who is already a sure thing. Ainge is invested in Jaylen Brown and has no interest in trading lottery picks. We would sooner package Crowder and Horford for Gasol than send Brown and lottery picks to Utah. 

Yeah, Jazz weren't exactly in a position to make demands and should be thankful they ended up getting something in return.  There were plenty of other teams they could have worked with to clear cap space.

• Like 4

It wouldn't really help them clear the space any way. It was just a pipe dream. I don't think just trading away Crowder will do the trick either. Guess we'll see what happens between today and tomorrow. If they do manage to swing a trade for Gasol, him teaming with IT and Hayward is gonna be fun and make some noise.

I know it's only the summer league, but i am shocked with Jayson Tatum. I tought he was a low risk/not so high reward kind of pick for the Celtics, but he's balling. His post offense is translating much better than what I believed.

1 hour ago, Rafael said:

I know it's only the summer league, but i am shocked with Jayson Tatum. I tought he was a low risk/not so high reward kind of pick for the Celtics, but he's balling. His post offense is translating much better than what I believed.

It's only been two summer league games, so I'm trying not to get too excited, but he's definitely looking like a stud. One day I'll learn to shut my mouth and just trust Danny Ainge. 

Tatum has looked great so far. As has Exum and Mitchell for the Jazz. I wish I had gone down to Salt Lake and caught some of the games this year. Still got a few days left, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

And the Heat resigned James Johnson.

Kinda shocked Carter went to the Kings. Thought for sure he would be joining a contender. Gay on the Spurs should be interesting.