NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

47 minutes ago, The Big Bratwurst said:

He said if the Blazers don't want him, so I don't think that matters much considering he went to school in Utah and is from California. I would be open to trading either him or CJ, though, but I'd want a guy who can play one of the guard positions and can play D, cause both Dame and CJ are not good defenders. I don't see a trade we could make happen with Utah that would move the needle for the Blazers. Plus, Lillard and Turner in that trade would be $40 million that would have to work out in the trade. Using the trade machine, the only way to dump both Lillard and Turner to Utah we'd have to take back Favors, Burks and Joe Johnson plus someone like Rodney Hood. 

I would do that in a heartbeat. Would suck losing Favors but getting Dame back in return would be amazing. I know it's never going to happen, at least not for another four years, but it's always fun to think about.

And if you're looking for guards that defend, Hood and Burks are not the answer.

I've made a concentrated effort to get into the NBA last season and gonna strong at it next year.

Gotta say, the economics and trading in the league is fascinating. Way more exciting than the NFL. Been having a blast following it this off-season!

6 minutes ago, TCO said:

I've made a concentrated effort to get into the NBA last season and gonna strong at it next year.

Gotta say, the economics and trading in the league is fascinating. Way more exciting than the NFL. Been having a blast following it this off-season!

Have you picked a team and if not can we pick your team?

15 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Have you picked a team and if not can we pick your team?

I've picked the New Orleans Pelicans, so no need to pick! I liked Anthony Davis since the he played in the Olympics in 2012 before hitting the NBA. I also liked the Hornets growing up playing NBA video games with Muggsy Bogues, so I stayed with I stayed with the original Hornets and Davis! Plus they kinda suck and after the Boogie trade, could be on the up.

I'm not coming in with zero knowledge, so I wouldn't want to be pawned a joke team! :P 

24 minutes ago, Pooker said:

I would do that in a heartbeat. Would suck losing Favors but getting Dame back in return would be amazing. I know it's never going to happen, at least not for another four years, but it's always fun to think about.

And if you're looking for guards that defend, Hood and Burks are not the answer.

Yeah I know, that's why I don't know if Utah would be a good trade partner with Portland. Maybe a 3-team sort of deal. And if we didn't let Turner go and instead let Leonard off, there's 7 million less to make up for.

6 hours ago, Maxx said:

Now talk about the Mavericks

Step 1. Dennis Smith Jr kicks it to Dirk, Backs down half spin one legged fadeaway for the bucket.
Step 2. Profit
Step 3. Cuban goes nuts*
Step 4. ????
Step 5. Even more profit.

*As will I, Gonna miss that wonderful German one day.

6 hours ago, Slogger said:

Step 1. Dennis Smith Jr kicks it to Dirk, Backs down half spin one legged fadeaway for the bucket.
Step 2. Profit
Step 3. Cuban goes nuts*
Step 4. ????
Step 5. Even more profit.

*As will I, Gonna miss that wonderful German one day.

Now time to recreate this one, with Dennis Smith Jr. instead

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pooker said:

Clippers are done. Paul and Griffin both opted out. 

As a Mavs fan, and a fan of good basketball, I'm happy this happened. Clippers are my least liked team, and not just for the DeAndre stuff (actually glad that happened in hindsight), they're just a hack team, all talent and no big game composure.