NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

So that means the Lakers are gonna draft Bell, doesn't it? Why else would they trade Russell?

Also, Bulter told the Cavs he doesn't want to be traded.

EDIT: and now Dwight Howard has been traded to the Hornets? What is this madness?

Dwight should have been as dominate as Shaq and won multiple championships. But, he's lazy and doesn't have the mindset of it. Could you imagine him with the work ethic and attitude of Kobe?

On the one hand, Dwight Howard is paid because of his name and his ability to clean glass well.  You don't average a double-double as a big if you're not part-Windex.

On the other, let's get this rebuild going.  Maybe flip a lot of those picks for Boogie, maybe build through the draft (the most likely scenario, given our new GM's pedigree)...either way, let's see what these Hawks look like in two to three years.

On 6/13/2017 at 20:36, Pooker said:

I know it won't happen, but Chris Paul on the Jazz would be a great fit. Him playing alongside Hayward, Gobert, Hood, and Ingles could match up well against the Warriors.

The other thing I would like to see is the Warriors to release Durant, sign another superstar that hasn't won a title, win the title with him, release him afterwards, and repeat for the next five years.

Chris Paul going anywhere would be great, because I still want to slap David Stern for interfering in the trade and sending him to the wrong L.A. team.

The thing I'd like to see is the Warriors release Durant, he goes to another team that doesn't make it anywhere near the NBA Finals, and the Warriors suddenly turn to crap. Because I'm tired of the Cavs and Warriors being in the finals, period.

12 hours ago, Alex. said:

Welp at least the Nets flipped Lopez's expiring contract. yay  I guess? <_<

That's not a bad deal, Nets are going nowhere but there's still a chance Russell turns into something. Having to pay Mozgov his awful deal for a few years is worth it for them. And in a few years they can flip his expiring for something.

It sounds like both Cavs and Lakers have moved off their Butler and George trade talks. I can't figure out what's going on with either. I mean they both have to get moved right? Why would either team hold onto them, they're going nowhere but down.

For George, teams are thinking that since he's already said he wants to leave, why trade anything for him when you can just sign him next year. At least, that's what the Lakers are thinking. Other teams probably don't want to give up too much for a one year rental who will just sign with the Lakers next summer.

For Butler, I have no idea.

Hawks are attempting to sign-and-trade Millsap.

What I want to see happen:  Millsap is traded to Indiana for Paul George, as the Hawks get a marquee player with an expiring contract.  Kent Bazemore is then shipped to [place] in exchange for [player's name] signature bobble-head.

What will happen:  Millsap takes the money, Atlanta trades him for two or three expiring contracts.  Bazemore is ultimately offloaded for a second-rounder as a means of cementing Budenholzer as the modern day Paul Heyman of NBA coaches.

Because Phil Jackson has no idea how to put together a good basketball team?

Pretty excited for the draft tomorrow. Interested to see if the Jazz pull off a trade or keep their picks.