NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

I don't mind Durant leaving OKC. I mind him running to the team with the best record ever as a shortcut. I don't really mind if others see it that way, but I'd equate it to Michael Jordan leaving the Bulls after his first few seasons and signing with the Pistons. If he had gone to Miami, or Dallas, or Washington then more power to him. But I call shortcut when I see him run off to the team that won 73 out of the 82 regular season games. And I like Durant. But I still see it as a shortcut.

• Like 3

NO ONE GOES TO DALLAS

27 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I don't mind Durant leaving OKC. I mind him running to the team with the best record ever as a shortcut. I don't really mind if others see it that way, but I'd equate it to Michael Jordan leaving the Bulls after his first few seasons and signing with the Pistons. If he had gone to Miami, or Dallas, or Washington then more power to him. But I call shortcut when I see him run off to the team that won 73 out of the 82 regular season games. And I like Durant. But I still see it as a shortcut.

Also this is rich coming from the Yankee fan :P

• Like 1

Put me in @Busch Strowman's camp. It's one thing for him to leave and go home to the Wizards or to any number or teams where he could have been the difference maker. Instead he went to the team they should have eliminated the year before with the best record in history because he wanted a ring. The Heat was three players frustrated at front offices not getting them help who decided to make a superteam. The Celtics was smart trading for hungry veterans who desperately wanted a ring before they retired who wound up making a superteam. Durant went to an already established superteam when he could have been the difference maker for the Celtics/Wizards/Thunder/Bulls/Spurs/Grizzlies/etc. Any other playoff team would have instantly been discussed for the finals if they got Durant. 

Go Cleveland. 

I have no problem with him going to Golden State. Until the NBA finds a special sauce to end super teams once and for all then you don't have a choice but to go to the best team available. GSW knew they had cap space that offseason, they were gonna make a big move, and were fortunate enough Durant was out there. A lot of stuff made it sound like it was a last minute decision too, and he was leaning towards staying with the Thunder. So I don't think he wanted to take a shortcut as much as Jerry West sold him on coming to the Warriors. As for what the landscape would look like if Durant didn't sign with the Warriors? They might have been thin at SF this year without Barnes and have gotten any one of Butler, George, or Hayward. And then that team would be blocking the Thunder every year anyway.

The NBA has always been built on super teams, go as far back as the 60s and guys have been joining forces.

On 5/24/2017 at 13:48, Meacon said:

For karma's sake, I hope the Cavs win the championship, Durant either stays with the Warriors or tries to go back to the Thunder and they reject him, the Thunder go on to win an NBA championship....then take him back. I like Durant, but I want the Thunder to win the championship before he does because of what he did.

I don't like it when any athlete takes the `if you can't beat them, join them' method to try and win a championship, unless they're joining because their previous team released them or wouldn't re-sign them, and its a revenge thing. Its a straight up, cheap, bitch move on KD's part.

At any rate, I hope neither the Cavs or Warriors make the finals next season, but right now that would take a miracle. 

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pooker said:

Man, I don't like Kanter but what Turkey is putting him through is total bullshit.

It's laughable that it just so happens to be that every single Turkish dissenting voice just so happens to be a Gülenist. It's so paper thin, it'd be nearly satire if it wasn't such a dead serious situation.

LeBron just slipped and fell.

I enjoy when LeBron slips and falls.

Just now, The Chiksrara Special said:

Who was the last champ that wasn't one of these teams? Seems like it's been a long time

Spurs I believe in 2014.

On 6/2/2017 at 09:38, The Chiksrara Special said:

Huh that's not nearly as long as I thought

It's only because this is the third time they've faced off in a series. I don't mind it, it's been quite fun the past two years.

The more interesting part is that the last time LeBron wasn't in an NBA Finals was way back in 2010, when the Lakers and Boston faced off. He then went to the finals 4 times with Miami and this is his third straight with the Cavs. Absolutely insane.

I'd say the competition was sorta there with Chicago, Boston, and then Indiana when we was with the Heat. However the East has been a turd for the 3 years he's been in Cleveland. It looks like it's improving at a quick pace though, Boston depending on how they handle the draft and free agency could be right there with the Cavs next year. Milwaukee and Washington are only going to improve.