NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

6 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Draymond should be out of the game right now. Someone fucked up

Draymond should have been kicked out of the league two years ago.

4 hours ago, damshow said:

What a weird series of events with Draymond, of all people. So basically the first tech was erroneously called on him? How do you screw that up?

So while the Warriors don't accomplish perfection their ownership has to be happy they get to reap the rewards of Game 5 ticket sales.

On the first point, what a joke. This is the Finals. You're on National TV. And the refs are this bad? I hate Draymond, but that was just plain stupid. And Curry didn't even deserve a tech.

On the ticket sales, there was a article the other day that said the Warriors could gain up to $22 million if game 5 and 7 happen, so I'm sure their ownership is quite happy with that.

It will be interesting to see if the Cavs make any major moves in the offseason now. There seems to be an awful lot of smoke from the "if they don't do anything then LeBron may bolt" narrative so that does seem like a possibility. For their sake I hope it's not Melo though, the last thing they need is another guy who can't play defense. 

Was really rooting hard for the Cavs cause they were the underdog, but congrats to Golden State.

Still not happy about super teams in the NBA in all honesty. I had more fun watching hockey playoffs (and i dont even watch hockey) than the nba playoffs this year. 

Honestly, even though the past two playoffs had the same conclusion, these gotta be the worst playoffs beyond what the Celtics, Wiz, and Jazz did. It was all Cavs and Warriors from start to finish, and everything was really a forgone conclusion.

It's really awful that after over a hundred or so games, the same two teams can end up facing each other in the finals. 

• Like 1

What's even more sad is it's pretty much a given the same happens next year. Unless the Celtics can pick up a big name, then MAYBE they can compete with the Cavs, but even then I still think it's Cavs/Warriors 4. 

San Antonio can match up with this current GSW team. Leonard getting injured was crucial. If they bring in Chris Paul, there is a very good chance the current champions don't make the finals next year.

I think Markelle Fultz will be at least a good role player for the Celtics in his first year. Best case scenario he becomes an intriguing 6th man, giving even more depth to Boston. If they somehow manage to get a star player without surrendering him, Cleveland will have a very tough opponent.